Business Unit: Technology
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 31 March 2019
The team is a key contributor to the availability, operability, support and security of Products and Services delivered to GBG Customers. The team supports business services delivered to customers and the underpinning application components that enable them and is a key liaison for GBG 1st line customer support and GBG 3rd line team delivery teams. The team has in depth knowledge of the customer journey and utilises technology, tools and support skills to ensure high levels of operability and availability to GBG customers.
You are a 2nd line customer and service orientated team member, a key interface between 1st and 3rd line functions such as Service Desk, infrastructure, database administrators, and development teams. Team members understand, operate and support multiple business products, services and technologies, against defined service level agreements, playing an important role in achieving customer, business and technology objectives.
What you will do…
• Provide ITIL based 2nd Line support and escalation for GBG Products and Services, including Incidents, Service Requests and Problems
• Proactively review and respond to application events generated from monitoring and alerting technologies/tools and take action to resolve or escalate, ensuring high levels of system availability
• Maintaining secure operations to meet ISO27001 and/or PCI, securing GBG Products and Services against defined schedules
• Contributing to business and team delivery, managing own workload utilising methodologies such as Agile/Scrum with measurable and quantifiable results
• Develop your skills to support service and application specific knowledge of business products and services delivery
• Collaborate with GBG 1st and 3rd line support and delivery teams, to transition, support and improve production systems
• Take an active role in the adoption of new, emerging and existing technologies, leveraging benefits to improve availability, operations and support objectives
• Creation of documentation and regular review to ensure all technical and business processes are appropriate and up to date.
• Ensure application and business service security risks are clearly captured, defined and mitigated, signed off by the appropriate IT and Business management.
• Support the team’s capability to provide application and business server release management for production services.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
• Excellent troubleshooting & triage skills
• Proven experience in a 2nd line Technology Support role, including business applications, previous experience as a tech lead would be desirable but is not essential for this role
• Ability to demonstrate the lifecycle between business service and underpinning applications
• Creative thinking to resolution of business problems
• Experience of Incident and Problem Management procedures (following ITIL work flow)
• Experience of AGILE methodologies to lead and manage workload i.e. Scrum, Kanban/Sprint, planning sessions and retrospectives
• Experience supporting Linux Operating Systems Windows Server 2008/2012 solutions and/or
• Experience of working with SQL databases (MSSQL or MySQL).
• Experience maintaining core operations including some scripting and automation (PowerShell & bash)
• Experience of writing technical documentation on the installation, configuration and use of applications
• Experience of SSL/encryption management
• Some experience in PaaS cloud technologies
• Some experience in release management and deployment tools
• Some experience in developing requirements for monitoring of applications
• Supporting and Co-operating - Supports others and shows respect and positive regard for them in social situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams, clients and staff. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement those of the organisation.
• Analysing and Interpreting - Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing.
• Organising and Executing – Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards.
• The role will report into the Head of Service Support