Business Unit: Commercial
Location: Home Based
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 31 March 2019
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will generate new business opportunities and deliver sales growth from a nominated portfolio of territories and customer segments.
What you will do…
• Generate leads and opportunities within the specific territories and customer segments to be targeted.
• Qualify and follow up on new business sales opportunities, following the agreed sales process and methodology, delivering a high standard of engagement to potential customers.
• Engage with customers at strategic and operational levels and be the demonstrable lead person for all engagements in the new business cycle, including presentations and negotiations.
• Oversee the engagement of subject matter experts to ensure that the customer understands the specific value proposition and business benefits of the wider range of GBG products and services.
• Production of proposals, including pricing and commercial structure and accompanying information. Organise and host customer reference visits where applicable.
• Working with the Sales Operations Manager and Business Development Director in support of the preparation and delivery of all bids and tenders.
• Working with the Legal department to finalise contracts and participate in final negotiations.
• Create, negotiate and close commercial agreements.
• Working closely with the Project Managers to ensure what has been sold to clients is delivered.
• Following up with clients to ensure that they remain satisfied during the product delivery stage and managing expectations where necessary, including the hand over to Customer Success.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
• Working closely with all GBG internal stakeholders to ensure client and sector challenges are built into our Product Roadmap.
• Liaising with the Technical Sales team to establish and update on the product and developments.
• Working with the Sales Manager, be instrumental in devising/implementing the strategy for meeting personal sales performance targets.
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Reporting & Data
• Plan how to meet revenue budget
• Submit weekly progress reports, add the required data into CRM and ensure data is accurate so that pipeline reporting can be automated.
• Provide forecasting against targets and pipeline over next quarter and half year
• Ensure high quality (complete and accurate) of data within CRM and other systems
• Ensure you meet individual revenue and margin targets
• Review NPS scores as measured at point of customer contract signature and work with Customer Experience team to address any issues highlighted, leading to a year on year improvement in NPS
• Ensure achieve agreed activity levels and Standards of Performance (SOPs)
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for...
• Demonstrable track record of new business sales in a B2B environment, preferably in a solution or technology led sector, including engagement with senior level decision makers.
• Experience of working within a target / performance-led business.
• A good communicator, both orally and in writing, with the necessary confidence and business awareness to persuasively present a case.
• Previously worked within a team-orientated culture, familiar with developing sales / marketing propositions.
• Detail conscious and committed to keeping accurate and up-to-date records.
• A motivational personality, ambitious, professional credibility who is target-orientated with high levels of energy and drive.
• An individual that is commercially aware, entrepreneurial and a strong team player.
• Full UK Drivers licence and flexibility to travel UK and International.
• Target driven with demonstrable experience of working to, and exceeding sales targets.
• Solid commercial awareness and business sense.
• A positive, can do attitude with initiative and ability to overcome obstacles.
• Self-driven/ motivated.
Strategically plans and monitors how they will not only hit target but over achieve on their target, ideally before their peers because they are competitively natured
-Possess a positive and enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude, whilst being emphatic to both customers and colleagues
-Asks quality questions and listens intensely in order to build ROI and value for the customer. Ethically if there is no fit, will advise the customer as best as possible, yet walk away to explore further opportunities elsewhere
-Passionately networks, internally and externally in order to build stronger relationships finding win/win situations along the way, challenging the status quo
-Fanatical about prospecting, goal setting and getting tasks completed, with a view of taking on more