Software QA Lead, Melbourne, Australia
A Highly motivated team of professionals who make sure GBG’s products and services are delivered to the customer meeting quality standards and the customer expectations.
GBG QA focuses on all aspects of testing including manual, automated and non-functional such as load, performance and stress testing. We are currently working towards the shift-left policy across all business units to identity defects at the earliest possible stage thereby cutting down the cost and improving the time and quality of delivery.
Reporting into the APAC QA Manager, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our products, ensuring they meet strict internal and external business requirements. As part of this role the lead will manage their own team and set quality standards that fit within our agile testing methodology. The candidate will also liaise with key business stakeholders to identify trends and lead customer centric and process improvement projects thought-out QA and the business.
What You’ll Do
- Manage teams of software testers, QA Engineers and Senior QA Engineers within key business units. This includes mentoring, training and team management responsibilities.
- Liaise with the necessary parties during the testing life cycle to ensure that the implementation is delivered on time and of expected quality.
- Engage with stakeholders external to the company in relation to UAT testing and documentation, ensuring communication is clear and understood.
- Working with external service providers to deliver the QA solutions in time
- Work closely with the APAC QA Manager to provide regular team updates regarding team/ QA pipeline performance and improvements or tooling enhancements based off those reports.
- Enhance the QA team processes through knowledge shares between team members and contributions to QA improvement sessions which includes evaluating and performing proof of concepts for new tools and processes.
- Attend and represent QA in SCRUM ceremonies (Planning, Review, Retrospective, lessons learnt, Stakeholders).
- Liaise with the business and user community for the purposes of demonstrating new functionality and enhancements.
- Lead by example and demonstrate commitment to hitting deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring software is tested and deployments are supported in line with QA processes and business requirements to a high standard.
- Accurately analyse test effort and approach per item (Story/ Bug/ Task) in a timely and clear manner, escalating any issues to stakeholders.
- Ability to identify any gaps in team's capability/capacity to deliver the planned activities.
- Conduct review on test documentation (Test Plans, Test Scripts, and Traceability) produced by team to meet audit standards and identify any improvements.
- Monitor, measure, control and report on the current test process and perform continuous improvement activities.
- Review the requirements of existing Automation work and identify any improvements.
- Conduct regular review of test automation run reports, ensure the test runs are reviewed and reflected to reduce the test run time.
- Carry out defect management review, defect backlog, root causal analysis and helpdesk escalation process.
- Implement End-to-End Test Automation and Tools Strategies / Roadmaps, functional, performance, load and security testing.
- Develop efficient and effective quantitative methods and guidelines in order to continuously improve quality processes and practices across multiple projects.
- Takes initiative/Leads test effort, performs as a mentor and helps build a positive, productive work team.
- Works synergistically, collaboratively and communicates effectively with the technology team, QA Leads and other QA team members.
- Assess pipeline of activities and escalate any capacity/capability threats to deliver.
- Carry out additional duties as directed in line with business needs as required by your line manager/ Head of QA.
- Provide out of hours support as required.
- Responsible for internal and external stakeholder’s management including customer facing, Delivery, Internal, External, Supplier and Presales teams.
To help you be successful, we’re looking for
- Experience managing or supporting other team members, ideally including remote management experience
- Considerable experience in Manual and Web service testing
- Considerable experience working within an agile delivery cycle and leading participation in scrum ceremonies
- Good experience of Test Analysis and acceptance criteria processes
- Experience with Continuous Integration and associated tools (VSTS, Jenkins, Hudson etc)
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD testing tools and processes as used with specflow/ gherkin
- Experience developing the automation scripts for end to end scenarios and maintaining the automation suites
- SOAP & REST web API Experience
- Good understanding of defect management tools such as JIRA, VSTS
- Experience with databases and database with excellent SQL query knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team and support others
- Flexible, resilient and able to change focus on demand
- Commercial awareness and a commitment to the business
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Demonstrates ability to learn quickly within a continually changing, challenging environment
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Good understanding of modern and upcoming testing methodologies
- Good understanding of the testing documents, test life cycle and defect tracking/management
- Knowledge of either C#, Java, HTML, XML, Batch files, Shell scripts or Java Script
- Ideally hold a testing affiliation