Business Unit: Commercial
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 30 April 2019
Working within the sales team, the Account Manager will work hand in hand with nominated OEM partner accounts to ensure GBG deliver exceptional value, are seen as a trusted partner and that sales revenues are maximized.
The targets attributed to the role are revenue, NPS Scores, activity (client phone calls and meetings), attrition and cross sell/upsells.
What you will do…
The role will define and deliver GBG’s requirement to continue to build a high growth business and expanding into new sectors and territories in-line with the Group’s VOS.
This role will entail:
Account planning and execution
• Work with the partner to understand their existing and future requirements, business challenges and aspirations, translate this into a joint account plan.
• Research and gather information on the customer segments related to the accounts your partner is working with.
• Work with the marketing team to ensure regular and relevant communications go out electronically to the partner.
• Keep up to date on the product portfolio of GBG and develop more detailed knowledge of the product set relating to your nominated customers.
• Understand the commercial opportunities within each partner, both within the current budget cycle and the subsequent three years, translate this into a revenue plan.
• Be the single point of contact for the partner, using a consultative approach and bringing in subject matter experts where required, to ensure the partner is excited about our technology and what it can do for them.
• Ensure partners know how to quickly get responses to their questions and work with them to resolve any escalated issues.
• Respond to any complaints or detractor feedback from the NPS survey.
• Support partners throughout their prospecting and sales cycles, helping them articulate the value of Loqate as part of their core solution.
• Project manage as needed for new product opportunities and product issue resolution.
• Identify opportunities for cross sell and refer these to the relevant GBG team.
Reporting & Data
• Ensure all data relating to your customers is accurate in CRM.
• Ensure all opportunities and activities are logged in CRM and accurately updated through the sales and/or renewal cycle
• Provide reports and insight in response to questions from the sales management team.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
Delivering the sales results
• Achieve incremental revenue and renewal targets, with an expectation of 30% growth in accounts over your portfolio.
• Provision of accurate and timely management reporting of sales forecasts, pipeline, platform and performance.
• Improve and exceed target NPS and CSAT scores for nominated accounts
• Review NPS scores as measured at point of customer contract signature and work with Customer Experience team to address any issues highlighted, leading to a year on year improvement in NPS
• Seek to minimize customer attrition, ensuring attrition targets are at least met
• Ensure activity meets or exceeds Standards of Performance as agree with line manager
• Ensure Cross sell/ upsell target is met
• Ensure incremental Revenue/Margin and renewal targets
• Experience in a B2B business development environment or a professional services environment where you can prove a strong commercial element.
• Demonstrable success in managing partnerships, utilising a consultative and value sales approach, demonstrating a personal track record of multi-level, multi-stage solution selling.
• Have worked with similar technology organizations and ideally have experience of the sectors your partners will be in.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, be self-motivated with the ability to work either independently or within a team, be analytical in problem solving and have the ability to translate business needs into the most appropriate solution.
• Strong awareness of the business software solutions for the Location Intelligence marketplace, ideally within a data services environment.
• Experience of justifying the value of all resources requested internally to win and deliver a project, and the ability to inspire and motivate in-house teams.
• Understanding of the process of planning a business development strategy, targeting prospects and planning appropriate approaches.
• Customer focused individual with a drive to ensure customers have and continue to have a great Customer Experience when dealing with GBG
• Degree level education or equivalent qualification is desirable.
• A passport and full, current driving licence is essential as extensive travel may be required.
Account Manager Key Traits…
Strategically plans and monitors how they will not only hit target but over achieve on their target, ideally before their peers because they are competitively natured
Possess a positive and enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude, whilst being emphatic to both customers and colleagues
Consultatively asks quality questions and listens intensely in order to build ROI and value for the customer to ensure their success
Passionately networks, internally and externally in order to build stronger relationships finding win/win situations along the way, challenging the status quo
Fanatical about customer success, goal setting and getting tasks completed, with a view of taking on more
Project management skills a must