Product Manager (Delivery), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The product team is responsible for the building and then delivery of the roadmap having a huge impact on the strategic direction of the business. We are regularly speaking at industry leading events and have won many industry awards for our product innovation.
You will define and deliver the product roadmap by working closely with key stakeholders including Product Marketing, technology, business unit leaders and the Head of Product. You will also ensure that the products are seamlessly integrated into GBG making the customer experience the best it can be.
What you will do
- Support the Product Owner to implement the product strategy in line with our methodology for differentiation within the Location Intelligence market
- Work with the Product Marketing team to understand the business case and market analysis for planned work
- Drive consistent product delivery methodologies across teams to maintain and improve GBG’s release process across all product and services
- Ensure the delivery of the product roadmap is predictable and the volume of output is to the businesses expectations
- Work with the technology team to define and deliver the product roadmap using agile delivery methodologies
- Write and maintain stories for the delivery team to work with, communicating regularly to ensure that requirements are understood and delivered
- Manage development prioritisation using Backlog Management
- Improve the customer/user journey within our products and ultimately reduce the number of issues coming to out helpdesk
- Be a subject matter expert: a focal point for product-related questions/queries in relation to both proposition and technical capability
- Work with relevant teams to ensure our products are compliant and meet industry standards
- Work with Application Support and Development to ensure availability of the appropriate platform needed for success
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for
- Previous product management experience preferably in a data or technology company
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum delivery methodologies
- Hands-on experience with all parts of the product lifecycle from idea, to launch, maintenance and ultimately product retirement
- Deep understanding of business and customer use requirements and the ability to translate them into user stories
- Strong project management skills including great organizing skills, attention to detail, team skills that attract others to work with and for you
- Commercial understanding and focus of the impact of developments on business performance
- Leading and Deciding: Takes control and exercises leadership. Initiates action, gives direction.
- Supporting and Co-operating: Supports others and shows respect and positive regard for them in social situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams, clients and staff. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement those of the organisation.
- Interacting and Presenting: Communicates and networks effectively. Successfully persuades and influences others. Relates to others in a confident and relaxed manner.
- Analysing and Interpreting: Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing.
- Creating and Conceptualising: Open to new ideas and experiences. Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Thinks broadly and strategically. Supports and drives organisational change.
- Organising and Executing: Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards.
- Adapting and Coping: Adapts and responds well to change. Manages pressure effectively and copes with setbacks.
- Enterprising and Performing: Focuses on results and achieving personal work objectives. Works best when work is related closely to results and the impact of personal efforts is obvious. Shows an understanding of business, commerce and finance. Seeks opportunities for self-development and career advancement.