Business Unit: Technology
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 28 June 2018
The Infrastructure Team
The infrastructure team design, build, manage and support the GBG’s core IT infrastructure and systems.
The infrastructure team are instrumental in the success of GBG. Our IT Infrastructure upholds GBG Products and Services along with IT services for our staff.
The Role (Vision)
The GBG Infrastructure team have accelerated and placed the building blocks for GBGs move into the cloud. Our Infrastructure engineers build, manage, maintain and look to improve our on-prem and cloud platforms. Automation is used for deployment where possible, with tools such as Chef and puppet. Our engineers are impowered to suggest improvement plans with the aim to reduce operational interruptions and increase speed of delivery, reliability and performance
What you’ll do (Objectives)
· Automating deployment of on-prem and cloud platforms
· Building multi cloud platforms from Architecture designs
· Working with Development teams to improve deployments and the development lifecycle
· Manage and maintain infrastructure platforms, ensuring optimal performance and reliability
· Work with the project teams to improve GBG infrastructure
· Performance reporting
· Work within Linux and Windows OS’
How you’ll deliver it (Strategies)
· These will be determined by you, in collaboration with your manager, and you’ll update them regularly to keep your contribution relevant as we evolve. You’ll do this via your Personal VOS.
To help you be successful, we’re looking for
· 3+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer, with focus on cloud, server, storage and networking.
· Strong scripting skills
· Experience using automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt stack
· Current experience in VMWare, AWS, Azure, GCP.
· Good knowledge on Cloud infrastructure
· Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends
· Strong troubleshooting skills.