Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
A Highly motivated team of professionals who make sure GBG’s products and services are delivered to the customer meeting quality standards and the customer expectations.
GBG QA focuses on all aspects of testing including manual, automated and non-functional such as load, performance and stress testing. We are currently working towards the shift-left policy across all business units to identity defects at the earliest possible stage thereby cutting down the cost and improving the time and quality of delivery
Reporting into the QA Lead, the candidate will be responsible for testing software using automated and manual test processes and delivering the results to the business. The candidate will also be responsible for working with the test lead to ensure we are following industry leading processes and practices and developing the best team members in our test lifecycle.
The candidate will liaise often with stakeholders from other areas of the business such as product, development and customer service teams, therefore the candidate must display a brilliant soft skillset to ensure they are accurately representing QA to the business stakeholders.
What you will do
- Manage a small team of software testers including mentoring, training and team management responsibilities to guide and provide support with testing deliveries.
- Liaise with the necessary parties during the testing life cycle to ensure that the implementation is delivered on time and of expected quality.
- Engage with stakeholders external to the company in relation to UAT testing and documentation, ensuring communication is clear and understood.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to ensure integration testing is conducted
- Work closely with the test lead to provide regular team updates regarding team/ QA pipeline performance and improvements or tooling enhancements based off those reports.
- Enhance the QA team processes through knowledge shares between team members and contributions to QA improvement sessions which includes evaluating and performing proof of concepts for new tools and processes.
- Support any new starters to get trained with product and process knowledge
- Attend and represent QA in SCRUM ceremonies (Planning, Review, Retrospective, Daily Stand up).
- Liaise with the business and user community for the purposes of demonstrating new functionality and enhancements.
- Lead by example and demonstrate commitment to hitting deadlines.
- Ensure lessons learnt and success recorded are shared in our knowledge base
- Responsible for ensuring software is tested and deployments are supported in line with QA processes and business requirements to a high standard.
- Technical ability to analyse complex requirements and should be able to estimate the testing effort
- Should be able to analyse and understand the end to end journey of the requirement
- Accurately analyse test effort and approach per item (Story/ Bug/ Task) in a timely and clear manner, escalating any risks to test lead/ stakeholders.
- Identify any cross training requirement within team to deliver the planned activities
- Support team in producing and reviewing quality test documentation (Test Plans, Test Scripts, and Test Reports) to agreed deadline.
- Implement any audit feedbacks in time before the next audit review
- Perform regression, sanity, exploratory, load, performance testing and other non-functional test types to a high quality and within agreed timescales.
- Assist others outside of QA with functional/ non-functional testing where required and ensure work is carried out to the QA standards.
- Enhance and maintain the existing Selenium, Specflow and SOAP UI Pro test automation suites.
- Conduct regular review of test automation run reports, ensure the coverage in conjunction with manual testing efforts
- Produce clear reports of the testing conducted to the test lead and stakeholders of the project.
- Produce defect management reports including defect backlog, root causal analysis and helpdesk escalation process.
- Assess pipeline of activities and escalate any capacity/capability threats to deliver.
- Carry out additional duties as directed in line with business needs as required by your line manager/ QA manager.
- Provide out of hours support as required.
- Responsible for internal and external stakeholders management including customer facing, Delivery, Internal, External, Pre-sales teams.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for
- Ideally hold a testing affiliation.
- Experience managing or supporting other team members, ideally including remote management experience.
- Considerable experience in Manual and Web service testing.
- Considerable experience working within an agile delivery cycle and leading participation in scrum ceremonies.
- Good experience of Test Analysis and acceptance criteria processes.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and associated tools (VSTS, Jenkins, Hudson etc).
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD testing tools and processes as used with specflow/ gherkin.
- Experience developing the automation scripts for end to end scenarios and maintaining the automation suites.
- SOAP & REST web API Experience.
- Good understanding of defect management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with databases and database with excellent SQL query knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and support others.
- Flexible, resilient and able to change focus on demand.
- Commercial awareness and a commitment to the business.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrates ability to learn quickly within a continually changing, challenging environment.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of modern and upcoming testing methodologies.
- Good understanding of the testing documents, test life cycle and defect tracking/management.
- Knowledge of either C#, Java, HTML, XML, Batch files, Shell scripts or Java Script.