Business Unit: Finance & Operations
Location: Chester - Head Office
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 25 October 2019
An opportunity has arisen for a Payroll Assistant to join the payroll section of an established Identity Data Intelligence business in Chester. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and experience within an ambitious company.
Reporting into the Payroll Leader, the main scope of this role is to provide administrative support and therefore experience of working in a Payroll Department is require. The ability to work to strict deadlines with the skill to prioritise work effectively, confidentially with discretion is essential.
What you will do
• Support the Payroll Leader with the delivery of the in-house UK payroll function and the outsourced international payrolls.
• Maintain a positive relationship with the payroll bureaus, pension providers and other 3rd party agents to continue the smooth delivery of payroll.
• Process day to day tasks of the Payroll Department. This includes new starts and leaver documentation, bonus, commission and other payments through the integrated HR/payroll software.
• Processes payroll deductions – PAYE, SAYE and Court Orders.
• Manage statutory payments i.e. SSP/SMP/SAP/SPP in accordance with government legislation.
• Ensure compliance is adhered to in all areas.
• Resolve payroll queries as and when they arise and escalate when necessary.
• Support the Payroll Leader with internal and external audits relating to payroll.
• A payroll qualification is desirable but not necessary.
• Excellent IT skills - Microsoft Office applications that include Outlook, Excel and Word.
• A keen eye for detail, which is necessary to deliver a high level of accurateness.
• Able to work to strict deadlines maintaining calmness under pressure.
• Ability to prioritise own workload and to work on own initiative.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Data protection is important and the need for discretion due to the confidential nature of the work is essential.
• Work professionally, collaboratively and effectively as a member of the Payroll Department ensuring trust and confidence at all times.
• Offer consistent and exceptional Customer Service to internal and external clients.
• A desire to change in line with the growth of the business, ultimately to achieve success.
• Previous payroll experience, knowledge of payroll legislation and GDPR desired.
• Adaptable and open to continuous learning.