Senior Project Manager - Lead, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Are responsible for providing practical software solutions to address business objectives in the areas of risk prevention, fraud detection, and Anti Money Laundering compliance management. Solutions are delivered by our dedicated professional services and client support organization.
Reporting into the Head of PMO the successful candidate will be responsible to day to day project management of customer project implementations and managing the project team and stream leads that are responsible for achieving the program objectives. You will be leading complex software solution implementations that have high visibility status within customer environments. Often mission critical in nature our programs of work are required to deliver Anti Money Laundering or Fraud Detection solutions that can include a variety of stakeholders, software components and partner products. At the same time, directly managing a team of project managers in the South East Asia region.
What you will do
- Project management
- Manage current and ongoing projects for our customers.
- Manage project schedules using the existing Project Management system and methodology provided by GBG.
- Propose and adequate to new processes to handle complex solutions that could include a variety of GBG Products and partners.
- Adequately manage the resources allocated to the project to ensure the achievement of the project objectives. This also may include coaching, guiding and assignment of the day-to-day activities for the team members.
- Forecasting and project budgeting
- Risk and issue management
- People leadership
- Direct management of a team of project managers in South East Asia
- This may include activities such as mentoring and guidance
- Project work
- Manage clear communication with the customer stakeholders at all levels and internally within GBG. This includes expectations and timelines as per agreed milestones.
- Work with different teams involved in the project internally within GBG and externally as partners.
- Ensure documentation provided to customers is up to date along the execution of the project and clearly articulates what its part of the objectives, scope and acceptance criteria.
To be successful, we are looking for
- Experience in managing end-to-end software project implementations within complex environments and a diverse set of stakeholders and locations.
- Previous experience in banking and finance applications or fraud/compliance solutions is an advantage.
- Sense of professionalism, patient and flexible customer service.
- Ability to interpret and translate customer needs to be able to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Be a people manager, encourage the growth of a dynamic and enthusiastic team.
- Drive the project to its success, being sensible towards customer timelines and internal stakeholders’ expectations.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong stakeholders management and communication skills in complex environments with relationship building and influencing skills.
- Analyzing and interpreting
- Creating and conceptualizing
- Adapting and coping
- Manage conflict and come up with a win-win strategy
- Lead and encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value.
- Ability to prioritise and to work independently and to juggle between different projects executing at the same time
- Able to provide guidance and leadership to ensure projects are delivered in budget and on time.
- Flexible to travel when required