Cyber Security Engineer, Chester, UK
The Cyber Security Team…
A highly motivated team of security professionals delivering cyber, cyber security operations and information security risk activities globally. This is a relatively new team therefore this engineering role has the potential to influence and make changes into the cyber culture of GBG.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Security, you will be responsible for working closely with GBG's full suite of cyber security tools whether that will be configuring, optimizing or testing. Your role will help shape the cyber defenses for GBG across 8 business units including technology services. The candidate will liaise often with other areas of the business such as infrastructure and product development to deliver security operations capabilities aligned to customer requirements.
What you’ll do…
- Be part of a team responsible for the management, implementation, maintenance and configuration of operational security systems and security service capabilities, aligned to IT Security strategy and applicable security standards
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and using security engineering standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Responsible for continuous improvement for operational security services and contribution to the security engineering roadmap
- Implement security features and monitoring tools, performing periodic security assessments.
- Respond swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities, investigating suspected attacks and helping manage security incidents.
- Build automation to actively audit the infrastructure for security misconfigurations of AWS, Azure or GCP
To help you be successful, we’re looking for…
- Demonstrable experience of security engineering systems and controls, including, vulnerability management, web content filtering, intrusion prevention, SIEM, email security, DLP, IAM, O365 and AWS and Azure including the ability to construct custom signatures and investigate intercepted traffic/logs
- Strong Technical knowledge of secure engineering principles, privacy (DPA / GDPR) and compliance law and standards (OWASP\ISO\ISF\NIST)
- Demonstrable experience of working in a security engineering team
- Knoweldge and understanding of ISO27001, ISO31000, PCI DSS; knowledge of other security standards and frameworks advantageous
- Certification from CISSP or other certifications at the discretion of the hiring manager such as CESG Certified Professional – IA Architect, AWS
- Experience in security operations experience covering O365
- Experience of managing security solutions (SIEM, IPS, DLP, CASB, EDR etc)
- Someone who is passionate about cyber security operations and a desire to continuously learn and use new technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively
- A high degree of confidentiality and integrity needed for this role
- Build relationships with all staff to promote security throughout the business
- Attention to detail is required
The role can be based from any of GBGs core UK offices, ideally Chester or London as potential options.
There is an occasional need to travel throughout the UK as required to support this role. Flexibility to work from home/remotely can be supported.