Front-end Software Engineer
With a rich heritage of more than 30 years, offices in 16 locations worldwide and more than 1,000 team members globally, GBG proudly stand as the global technology specialist in fraud, location and identity data intelligence. We support businesses and enable customer growth by protecting companies and governments to combat fraud and cybercrime, lower cost of compliance and improve customer digital onboarding experience in today’s digital economy.
GBG’s Investigate is a world leading data visualization service that enables fraud and law enforcement investigations along with asset and debt recovery. The team behind this product are a very talented cross functional team working using agile practices to continually improve the product features and the technology that enables this.
As an experienced front-end software engineer you will developing the customer interface to the leading data visualization product ensuring we always deliver a first class customer experience. You will be someone who enjoys working in a highly effective agile team and who is an outstanding problem solver, enjoys facing software design problems and technical challenges. You’ll have a desire to work with modern technologies to solve challenging business problems and are enthused by the opportunity to learn new skills.
What you will do…
- Develop the user interface components of the Investigate product always ensuring an excellent customer experience
- Support the architecture and design decisions within the team
- To input into UX design of the product to focus on usability
- Promote the devops culture and drive towards enabling continuous delivery within a cross functional, autonomous team
- Challenge the status quo (technologies and/or processes) to help improve delivery within the team.
- To work closely with other stakeholders to take ideas from concept through to production ready features.
- Review code from other team members, promoting best coding practices within the team
- Enhance and maintain existing automated (functional and unit) test suites.
- Support the technology Centre’s of Excellence to drive up standards across the wider business
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
- Experience of working in agile/scrum environments and a good understanding of continuous delivery practices.
- Experience of creating and maintaining modern web based user interfaces
- Demonstrate, and champion with others, good habits in unit testing, mocking, stubbing and test driven design approaches.
- Good commercial awareness and the ability to identify and recommend product enhancements.
- A broad knowledge in design and architectural patterns.
- The ability to quickly evaluate and effectively work with new technologies.
- The ability to maintain a deep knowledge of the latest languages, tools, frameworks and paradigms within the industry and experience of championing the adoption of emerging technologies.
- Experience developing with React + Redux
- Experience developing with D3.js
- Experience using Git
- Understanding of CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Awareness of containers
- Awareness of Cloud infrastructure tools, especially AWS
- NoSql databases (Neo4J, MongoDB)
- Ability to drive continual improvement within a cross functional, autonomous team
- Comfortable with code reviews and pair programming
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn quickly within a continually changing, challenging environment.
- Flexible, resilient and able to change focus on demand.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.