Head of Commercial Data
With a rich heritage of more than 30 years, offices in 16 locations worldwide and more than 1,000 team members globally, GBG proudly stand as the global technology specialist in fraud, location and identity data intelligence. We support businesses and enable customer growth by protecting companies and governments to combat fraud and cybercrime, lower cost of compliance and improve customer digital onboarding experience in today’s digital economy.
The vision for our team is to provide the “data fuel” into the engine that supports and delivers Identity Data Intelligence globally, at pace. We are critical to the success of the business by ensuring we have unique products and services in every market in which we operate. This is achieved by sourcing data to ensure we have the best mix, at the most competitive price on the best commercial terms. The data sourced may create differentiation on its own, or it may also feed into the unique data assets we create. The Data Strategy Team will provide a challenging and rewarding environment, focused on delivering GBGs 5 year vision.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you'll define and deliver a data strategy for GBG and own the execution of that strategy into the GBG product roadmap working closely with stakeholders including Product Delivery teams and business unit/ commercial sales leaders. You will also ensure that the products are seamlessly integrated into GBG making the customer experience the best it can be.
What you will do...
- Head up the commercial data function at GBG and build a cross functional “Guild” to ensure data value is engrained into our business seamlessly
- Develop a 18 month multinational roadmap and strategy for our Identity data needs
- Align all internal teams and processes to support our north star goal of being able to onboard “5 datasets a day”
- Proactively manage global suppliers, with the aim of driving greater value for the business via reduced cost or additional data
- Review our commercial approach and implement a professional approach to data supplier management (including SLAs, growth plans and QBRs, etc.)
- Renegotiate existing contracts to ensure that they are flexible meeting the changing requirements of the business whilst maintaining focus on GDPR
- Following the evidence based procurement process, identify and source new data and continue to review the value delivered to the business
- Assess our current COGs approach and propose a next gen strategy for increased margin, efficiency and automation (SaaS)
- Develop a brand identity for our partner relationships and lead the evolution of our approach to Digital
- Identify quality and compliant data sources that can be utilized across multiple GBG products
- Maintain global awareness and share key industry trends, knowledgeable of regulation, both potential and new which could impact our offering.
- Be the industry-recognised leader of data and its value for GBG
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for an exceptional candidate...
- A wealth of experience in procurement and/or commercial data procurement
- Knowledge of the Identity Proofing/ IDv space – desired
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure, to strict deadlines, ensuring data is sourced in line with the Product Roadmap
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuade and influence others at all levels, with specific experience of managing third parties globally
- A good understanding of numbers to understand data analysis in order to structure the right deal for GBG, plus measuring ROI moving forward
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative, allowing you to identify new data sources our competitors have not thought of
- Understanding of product areas and regulatory requirements to ensure data sourced is compliant today and GBG’s proposition moving forward is protected. It is critical we deal with reputable organisations as poor data decisions could lead to GBG being front-page news for the wrong reasons, which in turn will impact on our share price/opportunity for growth. Managing reputational risk is of upmost importance. As a team, with this role in particular, we need to ensure adequate controls are in place to protect GBG’s reputation
- Demonstrable evidence you are a quick learner, who can quickly understand complex requirements. This may be researching and then applying local data protection rules/guidance to getting to grips with technical solutions
- A proven track record, with experience of working in a related industry
With the following behaviours...
- Takes control and exercises leadership. Initiates action, gives direction
- Can demonstrate strategic and tactical thinking and execution
- Supporting and Co-operating: Supports others and shows respect and positive regard for them in social situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams, clients and staff. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement those of the organisation
- Interacting and Presenting: Communicates and networks effectively. Successfully persuades and influences others. Relates to others in a confident and relaxed manner
- Analysing and Interpreting: Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking
- Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing
- Creating and Conceptualising: Open to new ideas and experiences
- Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Thinks broadly and strategically. Supports and drives organisational change.
What’s in it for you?
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference and everyone has something to contribute.
If you’re interested, please apply or if you’d like to hear more about the role and benefits then contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.