Business Unit: Technology
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 28 February 2019
VIX Verify is a world leading, fast growing international software-as-a-service company providing identification services to financial institutions, telcos and other businesses where customer identification is essential.
An outstanding opportunity to work enabling VIX Verify’s on-line identity products for many of Australia's biggest and most progressive businesses.
We are looking for a capable Infrastructure Administrator to join our growing IT team headquartered in Canberra. You will work with our engineers and CTO daily to maintain our 6+ cloud based data centers servicing customers around the world.
What you will do…
• Maintain and improve our SAAS infrastructure (multiple cloud based data centers)
• Ensure excellent security, resilience and uptime
• Lead our system administration team
• Support increased automation of system rollout to our data centres
• Work with partners and customers to solve specific high-level issues
• Collaborate with our software architecture teams to support change in our services
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
• Five or more years of application based system administration experience (including Linux experience).
• One or more years of experience in management of cloud based systems, with a strong leaning towards AWS experience.
• Experience leading infrastructure teams
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Good knowledge/experience of network administration
• Good understanding of scalable SAAS/Cloud systems
• Previous experience with cloud based monitoring tools e.g. Splunk
• A bias towards scripting
• Available for on call duties in case of emergencies
• SAAS operations experience
This is a rare opportunity to work in a fast growing, best of breed company that retains the atmosphere and culture of a start-up. If you're passionate about doing good work in a fantastic, flexible environment then this could be the role for you.
Due to the nature of the role, only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia are eligible to apply. A clear police check will be essential prior to employment. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.