Professional Services Director, Barcelona, Spain
The team, develops a variety of software solutions to help companies comply with AML regulations, detect and investigate fraud attacks and make intelligent decisions about customer risk. The team specialises in Compliance and Fraud Solutions globally.
The Head of Professional Services will manage the day to day operations of the team who provide consultancy and advisory software solution services to both existing and new customers. You are required to manage the team to achieve the profitability target set out for you. In addition, you will also need to help ensure timely project delivery in conjunction with our global leaders and assist the commercial team where necessary.
What you will do
- Be the focal point for project deliver in the region.
- Manage a portfolio of client projects (as well as some internal projects) and work with the Project Managers worldwide to define each project's delivery plan.
- Master the art of organising our delivery team's schedules, so that the right consultants are assigned to the right project.
- Closely monitor the progress of each project, participating in follow-up meetings with clients and tracking production and sign-off of deliverable.
- Be a great communicator with both our customers and project teams for the duration of projects, keeping everyone well-informed and updated.
- Take part in weekly operational meetings with our Project Managers and sales colleagues.
- Contribute actively to our internal knowledge base and company blog.
- Identify processes and tools which can be improved and be a driving force in making us more efficient.
- Maintain our delivery methodologies and be accountable for ensuring that colleagues follow them and use tools correctly.
- Ensure the projects are within cost and meet/exceed our margin expectation.
- Help our Finance & Admin Manager close project invoicing.
- Work with the Sales and Pre-Sales team to assist with technical pre-sales activities such as:
- Validate technical proposals & estimations
- Assist with solution architecture definition
- Dispatch pre-sales activities (demos, proposal validations, client meetings, etc.) to consultant colleagues
- Visit existing clients regularly
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and overseeing all administrative functions of the business.
- Effective resource planning and liaise closely with product development teams in globally for overall timeline & project deliverable.
- Establish and carry out organisational goals – GBG VOS ensuring that all team members have an up to date Individual Contribution document and personal development plan
To be successful, we are looking for
- Tertiary Education, Degree in Information Technology, Business or related discipline will be highly regarded
- Demonstrable experience in - Software solution onsite implementation and system integration experience using ASP.NET and SQL Server as database.
- Proven design and software architect experience.
- MS Certification is an advantage.
- Experience working in Agile scrum environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Previous experience in enterprise applications using large volumes of data.
- A strong sense of professional, patient and flexible customer service.
- Able to provide guidance and leadership to ensure technical solutions are delivered with high quality.
- Proven ability to prioritise and to work independently, managing one’s own workload.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle between different projects executing at the same time.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to work from home and have a level of flexibility in working hours