Business Unit: Technology
Location: Chester - Head Office
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 31 March 2020
The IT Service Management team are responsible for Technology Project Management across the group. Proving a project management capability that ensures projects deliver on their objectives on time to the agreed level of quality within budget.
The role is critical in ensuring that we meet and accurately report on our project delivery commitments. The role will provide a central focus for management and coordination of smaller projects whilst providing support to the senior project managers on large projects. The role is an excellent introduction for any candidate wishing to become a full-time project manager.
what you will do
• Full project lifecycle management of smaller projects including responsibility for maintain all project controls and documentation
• Ensuring that the GBG project management process is followed for all projects
• Supporting the senior project manager in the efficient administration of larger projects
• Co-coordinating stakeholder updates and escalation
• Chairing meetings and presenting updates with stakeholders at all levels
To help you be successful, we’re looking for…
• Some previous project management experience or training will be essential.
• Project Management certification (Desirable)
• Agile and Scrum – Understanding of the scrum master role with previous demonstrable experience - Essential
• Agile and Scrum –scrum master qualified - Desirable
• Jira – Some experience ofJira agile and Kanban boards will be essential
• Stakeholder escalation management – The candidate will have previous experience of stakeholder management and escalation.
• Progress monitoring and reporting – Experience of reporting and tracking progress for stakeholders across a project.
• MS project and Visio experience (Desirable)
• Presenting – Confident and experienced to present updates to stakeholders at all levels.