Business Unit: Technology
Location: Chester - Head Office
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
The Technology team is the engine that supports and delivers Identity Data Intelligence globally and at pace.
You will be an experienced engineer who enjoys working in a highly effective agile team and who is an outstanding problem solver and enjoys facing software engineering and technical challenges.
What you will do
• Deliver high quality technical solutions to meet the business requirements.
• Communicate effectively with other members of the team and GBG, adapting your communication to suit the needs of the audience.
• Ensure software quality standards used within the team are maintained or improved.
• Challenge the status quo (technologies and/or processes) to help improve delivery within the team.
• Create solutions to meet product/customer requirements in a way that enables the team to produce high quality software at pace.
• Ensure that appropriate levels of documentation are maintained to ensure efficient onboarding of new team members.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for:
• Experience of working in agile/scrum environments and a good understanding of continuous delivery practices.
• Excellent coding skills.
• Good commercial awareness and the ability to identify and recommend product enhancements.
• The ability to quickly evaluate and effectively work with new technologies.
• The ability to maintain a deep knowledge of the latest languages, tools, frameworks and paradigms within the industry.
• Good stakeholder management.
• A broad knowledge in design and architectural patterns.
• Demonstrate, and champion with others, good habits in unit testing, mocking, stubbing and test driven design approaches.
• Ability to work well within a team and support others.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
• Flexible, resilient and able to change focus on demand.
• Excellent Microsoft .NET C# (preferably .Net Core experience)
• Web service knowledge (REST/SOAP)
• Knowledge of automated testing (TDD / BDD)
• SQL Server
• Modern UI experience (Angular, React)
• Cloud development experience (AWS / Serverless / Containers)
• Working With People.
• Applying Expertise & Technology.
• Learning and Researching.
• Following instructions and procedures.
• Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations.
• Coping With Pressures & Setbacks.