Business Development Manager, Shanghai, China
GBG provides practical decision support solutions. Our solutions address our clients' business objectives in the areas of risk prevention, fraud detection, and customer management. We are focused on providing quality customer service, and creating solutions that generate profitability, prevent losses, improve operational efficiency, and streamline the customer journey.
The Role… (Vision)
Is directly responsible for the business development of GBG’s solutions across the local market, to ensure that revenue targets are achieved. In addition, this role needs to support the business development of other GBG solutions in the mentioned market. The market is defined by the banking and micro lending sector, the insurance industry, the gaming industry and other sectors where the solutions can be applied such as the money remittance and travel industries.
What you’ll do… (Objectives)
- To work with the Business Development Director (Asia Pacific) to implement strategies as defined by the market’s POAP in line with the group’s VOS2020.
- Ensure the achievement of the revenue target set for the markes.
- Build business opportunities across all GBG products and solutions in both new and existing customers.
- Work with the marketing team to continually build the GBG brand in the defined markets.
- Make GBG easy for our customers to do business with, by aligning appropriate resources and knowledge
- To work with the Business Development Director (Asia Pacific) to provide accurate and timely sales forecasting in line with the groups approach to revenue recognition
- Communicates regularly with your line manager on activity and achievement against set strategy
- Interact with GBG team, based in China, to maximise opportunities
How you’ll deliver it… (Strategies)
- These will be determined by you, in collaboration with your manager, and you’ll update them regularly to keep your contribution relevant as we evolve. You’ll do this via your Personal VOS.
- In addition, you will be required to develop and implement a business strategy in conjunction with the Business Development Director (Asia Pacific) for the defined market.
To help you be successful, we’re looking for…
- Strong interpersonal skills that will enable alignment of all GBG’s products and services to deliver a seamless customer buying experience
- Self-motivated, driven to succeed and the ability to work with minimal management oversight
- Strong understanding and relevant experience of the financial services marketplace
- Ability to understand and present complex solutions into a simple, value proposition
- Have basic knowledge of end to end software project implementation using Microsoft Technology
- Degree in financials / economics / commerce / business administration or equivalent
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge and demonstration of process to understand the clients buying process
- Ability to build a strong sales pipeline