Business Unit: Technology
Location: Chester - Head Office
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 28 February 2019
The infrastructure team design, build, manage and support the GBG’s core IT infrastructure and systems. The infrastructure team are instrumental in the success of GBG. Our IT Infrastructure upholds GBG Products and Services along with IT services for our staff.
The GBG Cloud team have accelerated and placed the building blocks for GBGs cloud strategy. Our Cloud Engineers build, manage, maintain and look to improve our on-prem and cloud platforms. Automation is used for deployment, where possible, with tools such as Chef and Terraform. Our engineers are empowered to suggest improvement plans with the aim to reduce operational interruptions and increase speed of delivery, reliability and performance.
Working in a cross-functional DevOps team you will be working with the latest in cloud tech to maintain and improve our platforms in both support and delivery.
What you will do…
• Automating deployment of on-prem and cloud platforms
• Building multi cloud platforms from Architecture designs
• Working with Development teams to improve deployments and the development lifecycle
• Manage and maintain infrastructure platforms, ensuring optimal performance and reliability
• Work with the project teams to improve GBG infrastructure
• Performance reporting
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
• Strong scripting skills
• Experience using DevOps tools such as Chef, Terraform, Salt stack
• Current experience in AWS, Azure, GCP
• Strong Development skills
• Good knowledge on Cloud infrastructure
• Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Experience in code repositories