Service Manager, Chester, UK
The Service Delivery team are key to ensuring Service is delivered to GBG Customers, utilising Best Practice Frameworks and co-ordinating resources to meet our service obligations on a 24 x 7 basis 365 days per year.
The team are responsible for availability, operations, control and improvement of aligned GBG Product(s); ensuring all contractual deliverables, KPI’s and SLA’s are met with high levels of efficiency, quality, risk management and compliance.
You will be responsible for in-service management of their aligned GBG Product(s). The role comprises technical ownership of solutions and management of the service and its reporting provision.
Additional, Service Delivery Managers will undertake general GBG and customer-specific Continual Service Improvement activities as prioritized.
What you will do…
- Customer Engagement
- Support and develop relationship between GBG and Customers throughout the lifecycle of project delivery and the GBG Product
- Service Transition
- Input into detailed design decisions for new services
- Production of detailed design documentation (dependent on skillset of course)
- Creation of Service Design document for new Products (or changes to existing Products)
- Sign off on detailed design and Service Design documentation
- Acceptance sign off of new services
- Handover of transitioned services to operational functions
- Service Operations
- Technical ownership of Product throughout its lifecycle
- Ensuring SLAs and contractual obligations are fulfilled from supplier to GBG to customer
- Maintenance and peer review of technical and service design
- Incident, Change and Problem Management
- Delivery of regular health-checks and contractual tests
- Where appropriate inclusion of required standards (PCI DSS)
- Regular internal and customer facing reporting (latter where applicable)
- Peer review of Technical and Service Design documentation as required
- Providing cover for other Service Delivery Managers
- Continual Service Improvement
- Product Solutions
- Internal process solutions
- GBG environments
- Service Delivery processes and documentation
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
- Proven experience and in-depth understanding of service management framework’s
- Experience and a proven ability to maintain a Customer and Service focus at all times; ensuring through design to operations that all Service Management aspects come together to deliver Services to the customer
- Experience managing Service Operations by supporting, articulating and helping solve complex Incidents, Major Incidents and Problems, making disciplined decisions based on available information
- Experience controlling Service Transition through to production, including change, asset, configuration and knowledge management.
- Experience within Continual Service Improvement through identification and management of service improvements, driving forward implementation against agreed priorities
- Experience with Relationship Management, consulting with stakeholders and establishing mutual understanding of needs, commitments and consideration of impacts and resources to delivery service to the Customer
- An individual that always takes Ownership of problems and uses Initiative to proactively identify and resolve technical problems, and ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements.
- Experience and ability to take management information and produce in consumable format to articulate service performance, delivery against SLA and KPI’s and utilise to improve service
- Broad Technical Understanding – An understanding of technology enabling the Service Manger to map the customer journey through business services and the underpinning technologies
- Security – Experience of implementing and managing security operations to ISO27001 and/or PCI standards
- Supporting and Co-operating - Supports others and shows respect and positive regard for them in social situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams, clients and staff. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement those of the organisation.
- Analysing and Interpreting - Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing.
- Organising and Executing - Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards.