VIX Verify is a world-leading, fast-growing international software-as-a-service company providing identification services to financial institutions, telecommunications providers and other businesses where customer identification is essential. This excellent opportunity will have you working on VIX Verify’s on-line identity products that are used by many of Australia and the world's biggest and most progressive businesses.
Due to the expansion and growth of the company, we are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our team. This position is a permanent full-time role based in Belconnen, Canberra ACT, and offers a rare opportunity to work in a fast growing, best of breed company that retains the atmosphere and culture of a start-up. If you're passionate about doing great work in a fantastic, flexible environment then this could be for you.
What you will do
As part of Agile development teams you will:
- facilitate meetings with internal business and technology subject matter experts, and external stakeholders where possible, to elicit business requirements
- analyse business requirements and customer/user needs and map these to potential system solutions
- be responsible for breaking high-level requirements down into small, achievable, vertically-sliced user stories
- be responsible for creating acceptance criteria that clearly articulate the functionality tests needed before a user story can be considered completed
- create wireframes that consider UX principles and clearly articulate the desired user interface for a given story or solution
- be responsible for analysing and discussing small customer-requested functionality enhancements to a sufficient detail that the team can arrive at reasonable, considered development time estimates
As part of our Design and Quality community of practice you will regularly discuss and contribute to improvements in processes and practices as they relate to analysis, design and quality assurance work across all teams.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for
- Someone who is customer-focused and enjoys helping others
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in Agile development teams
- Experience documenting customer and system needs and requirements via user stories
- Experience communicating designs using diagrams, charts and wireframes to internal and external stakeholders
- Someone who is comfortable running workshops and presenting to groups of customers, business people, architects and engineers
- Experience as a business analyst or architect working on corporate systems
- Experience designing solutions to customer needs given pre-existing products or product suites
- Experience with product development and/or financial services (highly regarded)
- Due to the nature of the role, only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia are eligible to apply. A clear police check will be essential prior to employment.