Solicitor - Residential Conveyancing - Midlands
We are currently seeking to recruit an ambitious Residential Conveyancing Solicitor (depending on experience) to join our Residential Team in the Midlands. This role presents a fantastic opportunity for you to grow and develop your career within a top-ranking team.
The role will involve assisting the partners and other members of the team in providing legal guidance and advice to existing clients in accordance with CQS compliance and to aid in the development of new business.
What you can expect:
- Managing an agreed caseload of residential matters, providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards, compliance and internal quality requirements.
- Providing appropriate guidance and advice to clients and processing cases on a timely and cost-effective basis. Ensuring clients are regularly informed on progress and on costs.
- Dealing courteously and promptly with any instructions or queries arising, prioritising client care and satisfaction.
- Preparing and checking any relevant legal documentation relating to transactions.
- Supporting and supervising junior team members on more complex or high worth cases.
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements to clients.
- Obtaining or checking Land Registry documents or title deeds (if land is registered).
- Billing, collecting debts and achieving all individual financial targets.
- Developing and maintaining good client relationships and enhancing the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing and new clients.
- Maximizing the firm’s potential to cross sell services by identifying appropriate
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of all of the firm’s and client documentation and information.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Sound conveyancing knowledge and experience.
- Ability to manage residential plot sales as well as individual high value conveyances.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to use initiative and be self-motivated.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- To be able to project a professional image and deal confidently with clients.
Candidates must possess previous experience in a similar role, accurate typing skills and have excellent attention to detail. The ideal applicant will also have the ability to work under pressure using their own initiative.
In return candidates will have the opportunity to join a top ranking regional practice and rapidly growing residential team with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- In house training and development
- Life assurance
- A range of salary sacrifice options including additional pension contributions, cycle to work scheme and the option to purchase additional holidays
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Birthday day off as extra day annual leave