Senior Associate 5 years PQE Education
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Associate with previous Special Education Needs experience to join our London office.
Our education team are leading experts in special educational needs and disability law. Every child or young person with special educational needs and/or disabilities is entitled to an education that ensures they can achieve the best possible outcome in their learning, future career and life. We're looking for a Senior Associate to join us in our work in this area.
The role will involve providing high quality legal services and advice to existing clients, ensuring the Firm remains profitable by engaging in and developing new business. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the work that we do and will be confident in building up a following and creating own routes of referral
- Working with and advising clients in relation to all aspects of Education Law with a particular expertise in Special Educational Needs
- Assist with building the reputation of the Education department
- To deal courteously and promptly with any instructions or queries arising
- Attending/offering free talk and seminars in England and assisting with building new referral routes to help with establishing working relationships with potential clients
- Identifying desirable locations across England to target potential clients
- Attend national conferences to raise awareness and publicity
- Build relationships with other law firms
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Qualified Solicitor or CILEX with vast experience (around 5 years PQE)
- Expertise in Special Education Needs Law
- Excellent IT skills
- Always work in a cross functional manner as is necessary to meet the Company goals.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to use own initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in team framework
- To be able to project a professional image and deal confidently with clients
Candidates must possess previous experience in a similar role, accurate typing skills and have excellent attention to detail. The ideal applicant will also have the ability to work under pressure using their own initiative.
In return, candidates will have the opportunity to join a top ranking regional practice and rapidly growing Educational Team with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- In house training and development
- Life Assurance
- A range of salary sacrifice options including additional pension contributions, cycle to work scheme and the option to purchase additional holidays
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Birthday day off as extra annual leave day
- Single Bupa cover