Business Intelligence (BI) Developer - IT - Cardiff
Geldards LLP is a leading regional law firm with offices in Cardiff, Derby, Nottingham and London.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our IT team based out of our new Cardiff offices!
The role will involve designing, developing, and maintaining the firm’s data warehouse and business intelligence solutions using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools and underlying technologies.
- Coordinate with the Business Analyst to develop the business intelligence requirements and specifications.
- Perform data warehouse design and modelling according to established standards.
- Determine business intelligence and data warehousing solutions to meet business needs.
- Develop standard reports and functional dashboards based on business requirements.
- Maintain business intelligence models to design, develop and generate both standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Generate reports for internal and external customers for business performance monitoring and business decision making.
- Work with IT Development Manager in developing and executing project plans within assigned schedule and timeline.
- Manage new report generation and report enhancement based on the change requests.
- Ensure to generate and deliver quality reports to customers in timely and accurate manner.
- Identify and resolve data reporting issues in a timely fashion.
- Recommend improvements to provide optimum reporting solutions.
- Stay updated with business operations and business intelligence processes.
- Keep up to date with new Business Intelligence technologies.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Proven experience with relational databases, data warehouse design and modelling.
- Be familiar with Data Warehousing methodologies as developed by Kimball and Inmon.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above.
- Extensive knowledge of the full Microsoft BI Stack (Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services).
- Be highly skilled with T-SQL querying.
- Have basic Database Administration skills.
- Have a knowledge of Sharepoint and Power Pivot integration.
- Have a knowledge of Self-service and Power BI (Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View and Power Map).
- Have a working knowledge of PowerBI.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Have the ability to converse and understand business people.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
Candidates must possess previous experience in a similar role, accurate typing skills and have excellent attention to detail. The ideal applicant will also have the ability to work under pressure using their own initiative.
In return, candidates will have the opportunity to join a top ranking regional Law firm with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- Birthday day off
- In house training and development
- Life Assurance
- A range of salary sacrifice options including additional pension contributions, cycle to work scheme and the option to purchase additional holidays