Commercial Solicitor 1-3 Years PQE
We are currently recruiting for a 1-3 year experience Solicitor with Commercial experience to join our Cardiff office.
The role will involve providing commercial legal advice and guidance to clients with regards to a wide range of commercial contract matters and non-contentious intellectual property matters.
- Drafting, reviewing/analysing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts including: Trading terms, framework arrangements, supply agreements, agency agreements, and IT contracts.
- Advising on intellectual property law including trademark registrations and renewals, copyright licensing and other soft IP matters
- Advising on commercial agreements in the charity sector
- Preferably some experience in the fields of public procurement and data protection law
- Participating in marketing, networking and business development events particularly in the health care and life sciences sector or Fintech sector
- Supervising junior members of the team, acting as a mentor and ensuring their continuous development and progression.
- Actively pursuing and supporting appropriate business development opportunities for the Firm
- Contribute to tenders for new work in conjunction with other fee earners and the Business Development function.
- Working well in a team environment either with colleagues or clients.
- High standard of integrity required.
- Maintaining the level of competence and knowledge to practice efficiently by keeping abreast with changes and developments in the law.
- Identifying, interpreting and applying the relevant legal principles.
- Analysing problems, highlighting areas of risk and thinking critically to resolve issues.
- Undertaking legal research when required.
- Maintaining continued professional development, attending training courses were necessary.
- Dealing promptly with correspondence and client enquiries.
- Mentoring Junior Fee Earners.
- Recording for charged hours of work.
- Cost effective handling of matters.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 1 – 3 years post qualification commercial experience or an NQ candidate with prior years of Paralegal experience within Commercial
- Excellent drafting skills for IT / commercial contracts.
- Good understanding of contract law.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven track record of reviewing and negotiating on a wide range of commercial contracts;
- Good understanding of intellectual property law
- Business development awareness and skills.
- Robust negotiation skills.
- Highly organised / efficient.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Always work in a cross functional manner as is necessary to meet the Firm’s goals.
- Initiative to plan and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to use own initiative and work with supervision as required, depending on the complexity or nature of the work.
- To be able to project a professional image and deal confidently with clients.
- Worked with clients in the public, private and third-party sectors, and accordingly, understands the different backdrops against which advice needs to be provided.
- Experience of the health care and life sciences sector and Fintech sector.
In return, candidates will have the opportunity to join a top ranking regional practice based in a new build modern and open office with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- In house training and development
- Life Assurance
- A range of salary sacrifice options including additional pension contributions, cycle to work scheme and the option to purchase additional holidays