Bank Surgical Ward Nurse
Surgical Ward Nurse
£28 per hour (day), £30 per hour (night)
Riverside Clinic, TW8 9DR
The Riverside Clinic provides surgical services; comprising of 8 en-suite bedrooms, 1 theatre, 3 Recovery Bays.
As a Surgical Ward Nurse, you will be working within the 8 bedded ward ensuring; a safe, efficient and effective service is provided to patients, consultants and users.
The role includes clinical practice, assessment and a good awareness of resources management.
The post holder will ensure that professional and national standards are met. They will act as a positive role model to colleagues; following Nursing and Midwifery Council guidelines and recommendations.
- To ensure all documents and medical test results are available and reviewed prior to surgery and to liaise with the Consultant and Consultant Anaesthetist.
- To undertake appropriate assessment of the clinical and holistic needs of the patient.
- To liaise and work closely with the operating theatre team to provide the patient with an efficient and safe transfer through the patients surgical journey.
- To maintain and update patient documentation according to the clinics policy.
- To maximize high quality specialist day surgery care through effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care in response to the patient subjective needs.
- To be involved in the direct delivery of nursing care pre and post-surgery.
- To administer medicines as prescribed with adherence to NMC code of conduct and Healthshare policies. Keeping up-to-date with appropriate statutory and mandatory training.
- To maintain clinical credibility through practice and to utilize the findings of nursing research and evidence based care to optimize high quality patient care.
- To assess when a patient is ready for discharge; to discharge the patient safely and appropriately.
- 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Private Healthcare (Employer paid)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Blue Light Card
Like the sound of this role? Don't miss out - apply now!