Theatre Scrub Nurse
Healthshare is a large independent provider of NHS and private services across the UK employing over 500 employees nationally. We are expanding our team across the UK and are seeking enthusiastic team members committed to patient care. www.Healthshare.org.uk.
We are looking for experienced Theatre Scrub Nurses to work in our busy day surgery theatre. You will form a vital part of the Operating Department team providing a high standard of nursing care and safety for patients within the theatre unit. You will be a valued and fundamental part of the team, caring for patients undergoing day-surgery procedures and expected to promote the highest levels of quality healthcare.
The candidates are expected to:
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence-based practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and implementing excellent perioperative patient care.
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to operating list requirement, as well as being actively involved in contributing to Surgeon’s preference cards and organising provision of sets and instruments.
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre lead immediately.
- Preparing, checking and sending used sets and instruments back to Sterile Services for cleaning and processing, and also to receive and scan in clean sets and instruments returning to the clinic.
- Prepare and support surgical patients for procedures under Local/Regional Anesthetics.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information, supporting colleagues, promoting cohesive team work and working together to achieve clinical objectives.
- Maintain their own E-Learning training and ensuring they are compliant in all mandatory modules.
- 25 days Annual Leave (plus Bank Holidays) and the option to buy/sell
- Benenden (private healthcare and discount services)
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (Zurich x4 Annual Salary)
- Blue Light Card (NHS Discount card)
- Refer a Friend scheme of £750 *terms apply
- Flexible/hybrid working
- CPD opportunities
Like the sound of this role? Don't miss out - apply now!