Healthshare is a large independent provider of NHS and private services across the UK employing over 500 employees nationally. We are expanding our team across the UK and are seeking enthusiastic team members committed to patient care. www.Healthshare.org.uk.
As an ODP/Anaesthetic Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering excellent care of individual patients moving within the day unit throughout their surgical journey. The post holder is expected to practice a high standard of clinical care as part of the multi-disciplinary team and being key in and improving patient experience. The post holder will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care of their patients. Whilst on duty they would be expected to support and encourage the concept of team work, team development and the collaboration between team members.
The candidate is expected to:
- Prepare patients for clinical/operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Adhere to the procedures for the use of supplies, ordering requirements for the Department as directed by line manager
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- Participate in the reporting of incidents and comply with any ensuing investigations.
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilizing evidence-based practice
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Lead immediately.
- Prepare and support patients for procedures under Local/Regional Anesthetics.
- Maintain their own E-Learning training and ensuring they are compliant in all mandatory modules.
- Be passionate in delivering exceptional standards of care for ophthalmology patients.
- Be dynamic, innovative and confident.
- 25 days Annual Leave (plus Bank Holidays) and the option to buy/sell
- Benenden (private healthcare and discount services)
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (Zurich x4 Annual Salary)
- Blue Light Card (NHS Discount card)
- Refer a Friend scheme of £750 *terms apply
- Flexible/hybrid working
- CPD opportunities
Like the sound of this role? Don't miss out - apply now!