Sonographer (General and MSK) North East London
Hours: 40 hours per week. Permanent contract
Area: Northeast London
Potential Clinic Locations: Havering: Raphaels House Victoria Centre, Pettits Lane, Romford Pettits Lane, Romford RM1 4HP
Salary: £45000 to £65000 a year depending on experience
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic Sonographer for our London diagnostic services which cover Northeast London. Successful Applicants will mainly work across one site, however flexibility is required. To succeed you must be experienced and have excellent communication skills and a flexible, proactive approach to delivering first class diagnostic services and patient care.
Healthshare is a large independent provider of NHS Services across the UK employing over 500 clinicians nationally. www.healthshare.org.uk. Due to ongoing service expansion, we are looking to recruit enthusiastic Sonographers to join our experienced team.
We are looking for practitioners with experience in all aspects of General Ultrasound (to include abdominal, gynaecological, urinary tract, thyroid and testes.) However, if you have experience in some or most of these areas, we would still like to talk to you and help you realise your full potential.
- To provide an efficient Ultrasound service in Radiology, working within established policies and processes.
- To report to and support the Lead Sonographer/Senior Operations Manager with the running of the service.
- To ensure an exemplary level of customer service is upheld to patients, consultants and clinic team.
- To perform a range of general and specialised examinations, maintaining the highest professional and technical standards, whilst promoting high professional and ethical standards of clinical practice to ensure that all aspects of clinical governance are fulfilled.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To exercise the highest standard of patient care and actively improve the patient experience.
- To provide a comprehensive and effective high quality Ultrasound service for Private, NHS and Consultant appointments.
- To perform a range of Ultrasound examinations and maintain a high level of expertise in the safe operation of imaging equipment. Be able to adapt sonographic technique where patient presentation dictates.
- To ensure that all Ultrasound referrals are evaluated and prioritised according to Healthshare clinical protocols and clinical information.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Escalate any problems, incidents and concerns to a senior member of staff.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained in line with the policies and procedures.
- Comply with National & Local Infection Control Polices & Procedures.
- To liaise with the Radiologist or referring Consultant in an effective and professional manner, in order to provide the best possible service for the patient.
- Work with minimal supervision or under own initiative.
- To participate in the Quality Assurance Programme in accordance with company policies
- Follow the Health & Safety at work Act and ensure adherence to Healthshare polices.
- To support Risk Assessments to provide an environment, equipment and working procedures that is as safe as reasonably practicable for patients and staff.
- To participate in further education in line with the requirements of the Health Professions Council through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and to complete appropriate mandatory training in line with company policy
- To be prepared to vary working hours, as may be necessary, to meet the demands of the service.