At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 660 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen in 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business and are now looking to recruit a:
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Marketing Communications team at The Grove, Northampton (moving to Raunds in 2019) for an experienced and creative Artworker.
This role is key to the success of the production of all artwork needed across the wider marketing team. Good planning and organisation skills are essential as is maintaining relationships with internal teams and third party suppliers.
- To produce through the line marketing collateral including literature, digital display, landing page designs, event stand designs, event collateral and internal presentations in response to the ever changing needs of the business.
- Deliver on time and in full to the final brief so we can continue to sell product in the depots
- Support the Artwork Managers to manage the day to day artwork studio pipeline of work and stakeholders and ensure that they and the team are kept up to date on the progress of jobs
- Work together with colleague on cross functional project teams to contribute to the creative process and ensure deadlines are met
- Understand, challenge and deliver the outputs from briefs and develop new creative concepts where appropriate
- Day-to-day responsibility of print room and print stock requirements
On and Offline
- Using the PIM system to support the production of brochures and our wider suite of literature to ensure that they can be printed and delivered on time
- To produce all other collateral in line with briefs issued from the marketing communications and digital teams and wider business, sitting on project teams where appropriate,
- To retouch images for various literature and other uses across the business
- To produce inspirational event space designs, using information within the brief, to best showcase Howdens at events
- Produce supporting graphics and marketing collateral for use at internal and external events that are relevant to the purpose of the event
- To produce creative and stylish kitchen bays designs for office refits, including bespoke elements, for sign off at agreed timings
- Work together with colleagues across the business including product and supply, office team and workshop manager
- Support the Artwork Team in the design of product and marketing meeting displays
- Produce accurate graphics to support product and marketing meetings, including printing either in-house or through a third party supplier
- Produce materials from ad hoc artwork requests from the wider business, ensuring the correct sign off process is followed prior to communication
- Manage file handling and project finishing e.g. binding, boarding, DVD burning, packing and shipping of graphics
To successfully deliver this role the ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a creative artworking team ideally an internal studio or similar and ideally multimedia design skills including HTML5.
You will need to be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Project Management and time management skills are a pre requisite to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Skills & experience
- Microsoft Office packages
- Adobe Professional packages, including;
- In Design
- Experience of working with HTML5 to create digital display
- Digital\multi-media design
- Minimum 2 years previous experience Graphic design experience
- Product Information Management (PIM) system experience
- Creative Eye and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience of working within a marketing function would be advantageous
- Graduate standard or equivalent vocational qualifications
- Ability to prioritise daily workload
- Excellent organisational skills and enjoy multi-tasking with a ‘hands-on’ and flexible attitude
- Able to work on own initiative, while also being a team player
Howdens deeply value team working and reward our people in line with individual and team success through a competitive package of benefits including;
- Highly competitive salary plus bonus
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- 24 days holiday (excluding Bank holidays)
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
- Subsidised gym membership
- Modern spacious offices with free parking