Customer Insights Executive
Purpose of this role
Working within the Customer Insights and Experience team, this role will support the development, delivery and embedding of business performance reporting and customer insights across the IGD organisation.
Responsibilities of this role
- Support the Insights Manager in the development of IGD’s customer and business performance reporting suite. Including requirements gathering, design and build of Power BI reports
- Define and analyse key performance metrics across the customer lifecycle (eg: acquisition, engagement) utilising customer and digital behavioural data
- Devise and implement an internal training programme to ensure reports are understood and used by key business stakeholders to drive day to day decision making
- Develop associated training materials and maintain in a central repository to facilitate the use of self-serve reporting
- Monitor usage and develop appropriate interventions as required
- Support the Head of Customer Insights & Experience with project management of customer research projects.
- Liaise with both external agencies and internal stakeholders to ensure delivery on time and to budget.
- Work with CRM colleagues to manage the recruitment of target customers to participate in research in line with MRS best practice
- Devise, implement and maintain a central resource hub for Customer Insights at IGD
- Work with Marketing colleagues to develop a regular internal communication plan for Customer Insights in order to drive visibility and build a common understanding across the organisation
- Build effective relationships across the organisation and support the team in championing a data and insight led approach across IGD
The role is part of the Customer Insights and Experience team which sits within the IGD Marketing function. The Marketing function works with stakeholders across the entire organisation, in both Commercial Insight and Social Impact.
- Graduate or self-starter with minimum 2-3 years experience
- Experience in use of, or creation of, Power BI reports
- Experience of digital analytics (Google Analytics)
- Experience of developing and delivering training
- Attention to detail and ability to plan projects from inception to delivery
- Good communication skills, able to build effective cross functional relationships
- Customer-first mind set, curious and action oriented
- Knowledge of the Food and Consumer goods industry preferred but not essential
This role reports into the Insights Manager. The role has no direct reports.
We are operating a hybrid approach to working with a mix of home and office-based working. The exact nature of this can be agreed with the line Manager.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.
IGD (Institute of Grocery Distribution) is an organisation of two interconnected communities.
Our Trading company uses in-depth commercial understanding to uncover rich insights and data, leading to action that powers success. We reinvest our profit into delivering Social Impact, through the Charity, aimed at uniting and mobilising our industry around the most crucial issues affecting society and business.
We connect, collaborate and inspire, provoking and leading constructive debate that creates tangible impact. Together we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.