Social Impact Project Coordinator
Do you want to work for an organisation that strives to make a positive difference within the food and consumer goods industry?
IGD is an organisation which connects and unites this industry. Building on its trusted heritage we are on a progressive and ambitious change journey and are looking for future thinking and dynamic individuals to join us.
The Social Impact team are looking for ambitious people with the energy and passion to make tangible changes happen.
If this is you, then joining our team could be just the right move.
purpose of the job
You will work as part of a dynamic cross-functional team (social impact team) and in partnership with our stakeholders across the food and consumer goods industry to deliver positive change. Your focus will be to:
- Support the team to deliver a variety of projects (for example: research, bite sized content, industry tools and events) within the areas of Health, Sustainability and Economics by working closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Support our external engagement strategy so we achieve scale and impact
Areas of accountability
- Support subject matter experts to deliver social impact projects:
- Create and oversee project plans, delivering a quality service to the subject matter experts and liaising between cross functional departments
- Highlight risks and opportunities, thinking creatively to overcome challenges
- Support on content creation including proof reading and tone of voice
- Manage the end-to-end webinar experience including delegate management
- Work collaboratively with the subject matter experts, sales and marketing teams to drive tactical activity to deliver scale and impact
- Support Leadership Team to execute engagement strategy:
- Contribution and creation of action plans
- Monitor progress
- Customer research, data analysis and mapping
- Engaging with customers as and when required
- Support management of industry working groups and wider network development:
- Assist group leads to build networks and adjust working group members
- Own communication plan of relevant content and implementation
- Support on processes and documentation needed to run effective meetings
- Managing the end-to-end event experience including delegate management as and when needed
- Demonstratable experience of managing projects
- Administrative and event management experience
- Experience of managing a diverse set of stakeholders internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal with attention to detail
- Genuine interest in the Food and Consumer Goods industry, and driving positive change
- Demonstrates a growth mindset, curiosity, and agility in approach to solving problems
- Proactive and confident to work autonomously, but in a collaborative manner
- Flexible, with ability to change direction and work across entire or elements of projects
- Has a strong, collaborative work ethic, and commitment to the success of the wider team
- Demonstrates empathy with internal and external stakeholders to understand challenges
- Highly organised, with ability to manage upwards in a consistent and structured manner
- Ability to present, engage, and adapt approach accordingly with a range of stakeholders including senior leaders
- This role reports into the Head of Engagement and Innovation Projects. The role has no direct reports
- The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford or remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool, and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.
Welcome to IGD. We are an organisation of two vital and interconnected communities: Commercial Insight and Social Impact. Together, we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.
We influence change
We have a unique ability to convene stakeholders across the food and consumer goods industry to address the economic, social, and environmental issues that matter to us all.
Together, we drive change to make a significant, tangible difference and deliver social impact.
We connect our industry
We are a trusted partner with unrivalled insight and foresight across the food and consumer goods industry. We give our customers a better understanding of how to unlock success and where our industry is going.
We make a difference by giving our customers the ability to meet everyday challenges and adapt to changing futures.