Retail Solutions Manager
Purpose of this role
To design and deliver retail insight projects that support the IGD Solutions business plan, generating profitable growth for IGD. Responsibility for delivery retail insights products includes project design, project management, research, insight generation and customer facilitation.
Role of the Solutions team
The purpose of the Solutions team at IGD is to own the:
- Product plan and strategy for Solutions, creating and developing Solutions and commercial learning products.
- Delivery of Solutions projects including facilitation and delivery of training courses
- Pre-commissioned co-creation of Solutions to meet customer needs, in collaboration with the customer and IGD’s customer team.
- IP development, through knowledge and process, that underpins our Solutions products.
- Capability and personal development of the Solutions team
Responsibilities of this role
Delivery Retail Solutions projects
- Target for the role is 70% of time
- Creating content and delivery of Retail Solutions projects as well as specific projects requiring additional research beyond the domain of IGD’s Retail Analysis - in a form of presentations or workshops including facilitation that utilises technical skills, knowledge & experience in retail research and insight
- Ownership and management of projects, writing proposals, internal and external stakeholder management, ensuring project teams have the capability and capacity to deliver excellent projects for customers in the UK and internationally (eg. Retail Safari store tours)
- Ensure high quality delivery, establishing appropriate KPI’s and feedback mechanisms and capture learnings, case studies and testimonials
Identify and co-create experience-relevant Solutions projects
- Target for the role is 20% of time
- Extensive collaboration with the customer team to identify opportunities aligned to IGD’s capabilities and create Solution propositions that meet the customer needs, in keeping with established collaborative RACI
- Co-creation and delivery of Solutions projects and programmes to satisfy customer problems or opportunities through international retail insights
- Design and execute profitable Solutions projects which contribute to the healthy revenue growth of the overall Solutions function
Product and IP creation
- Target for role is 10% of time
- Support ongoing product innovation, especially through developing products and approaches that are unique to IGD
- Create Solutions projects that help drive the team day rate, utilisation rate and regularity of purchase, to help drive Solutions profitability
- Build IP in research in retail and beyond
Knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Experience of, and passion for, the global consumer goods industry
- Functional industry experience gained in international retail insight roles
- Strong research skills to gather insights beyond the grocery retail domain
- Understanding of the commercial interface between retailers & manufacturers
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to identify and deliver commercial opportunities within the consultancy/advisory space. Proven track record of high quality delivery
- Able to create profitable Retail Solutions products with excellent problem-solving skills and a customer first mindset
- Excellent projects management skills, including ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong facilitation skills to steer conversations in workshops
- Credible at Director and senior management level with strong influencing capability
- Able to travel internationally (Europe)
- Collaborative approach with partnership mindset, able to build win-win relationships
- Dynamic, can-do and curious attitude, self-motivated, and driven with a growth mindset and results focus
- Low ego, high integrity and values-led with strong customer focus
The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. International travel will be expected.
IGD (Institute of Grocery Distribution) is an organisation of two interconnected communities.
Our Trading company uses in-depth commercial understanding to uncover rich insights and data, leading to action that powers success. We reinvest our profit into delivering Social Impact, through the Charity, aimed at uniting and mobilising our industry around the most crucial issues affecting society and business.
We connect, collaborate and inspire, provoking and leading constructive debate that creates tangible impact. Together we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.