We are an organisation of two vital and interconnected communities: Commercial Insight and Social Impact. Together, we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.
We connect our industry
We are a trusted partner with unrivalled insight and foresight across our industry. We give our customers a better understanding of how to unlock success and where our industry is going.
We make a difference by giving our customers the ability to meet everyday challenges and adapt to changing futures.
We influence change
We have a unique ability to convene stakeholders across our industry to address the economic, social, and environmental issues that matter to us all.
Together, we drive change to make a significant, tangible difference and deliver social impact.
We deliver social impact by building the knowledge and skills of industry professionals so that we foster an inclusive and productive workforce.
Purpose of this role
To deliver the Solutions plan for Category, Commercial and Supply Chain, creating and delivering profitable Solutions projects in this area. To support across Commercial development projects.
To be responsible for the delivery of category, supply chain and commercial products. These include blended learning and people development, strategy development projects and performance improvement initiatives.
Role of the Solutions team
The purpose of the Solutions team at IGD is to own the:
- Product plan and strategy for Solutions, creating and developing Solutions and commercial learning products.
- Delivery of Solutions projects and training courses.
- Pre-commissioned co-creation of Solutions to meet customer needs, in collaboration with the customer and IGD’s customer team.
- IP development, through knowledge and process, that underpins our Solutions products.
Responsibilities of this role
- Identify and co-create experience-relevant Solutions projects.
- Target for the role is 10% of time on pre-commissioned opportunity and proposal development.
- Co-creation and delivery of projects and programmes to satisfy customer problems or opportunities in areas of responsibility.
- Extensive collaboration with the customer team to identify opportunities aligned to IGD’s capabilities and create Solution propositions that meet the customer needs, in keeping with established collaborative RACI documents.
- Manages risk, mitigating actions and good governance in all operating practices.
- To ensure all solutions created deliver against day rate targets to achieve required profitability, enabling Solutions to grow income and profit as per agreed budgets
2. delivery of experience-relevant Solutions projects
- Target for the role is 60% time is billable for delivery and project management.
- Delivery to include project and programme management, stakeholder management and facilitation that utilises technical skills, knowledge & experience across Supply Chain, Category and Commercial capability
- Ownership and project management of projects, ensuring project teams have the capability and capacity to deliver excellent projects for customers
- Ensure high quality delivery, establishing appropriate KPI’s and feedback mechanisms
- Product and IP creation
- Target for role is 20% of time spent on this.
- Create Solutions projects that help drive the team day rate, utilisation rate and regularity of purchase, to help drive Solutions profitability.
- Support ongoing product innovation, helping generate new profitable revenue streams for IGD’s long-term success.
- Helps ensure customer relevancy of Solutions proposition through customer and industry understanding and feedback, to set the product plan for your area
- Personal development
- Target for role is 10% of time spend on this.
- To provide flexible resource, to deliver IGD’s commercial learning proposition and relevant Solutions projects.
- To develop and coach a high performing team, with technical and behavioural development plans for all team members, and ensure resourcing to meet current and future demands
Knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Experience of, and passion for, the consumer goods industry
- Possible functional industry experience gained in category/commercial/supply chain roles.
- Able to create profitable products and solutions for customers, with excellent problem-solving skills and a customer first mindset
- Low ego, high integrity and values-led with strong customer focus.
- Understanding of the commercial interface between retailers & manufacturers
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to identify and deliver commercial opportunities within the consultancy/advisory space. Proven track record of high quality delivery
- You could be an experienced trainer, able to devise, develop and deliver successful training and learning products.
- Credible at Director and senior management level with strong influencing capability
- Collaborative approach with partnership mindset, able to build win-win relationships.
- Strong projects management skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated, and driven with a growth mindset and results focus.
- The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
- We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool, and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.