Retail Insight Analyst
We are an organisation of two vital and interconnected communities: Commercial Insight and Social Impact. Together, we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.
We influence change
We have a unique ability to convene stakeholders across the food and consumer goods industry to address the economic, social, and environmental issues that matter to us all.
Together, we drive change to make a significant, tangible difference and deliver social impact.
We connect our industry
We are a trusted partner with unrivalled insight and foresight across the food and consumer goods industry. We give our customers a better understanding of how to unlock success and where our industry is going.
We make a difference by giving our customers the ability to meet everyday challenges and adapt to changing futures.
- Job Title: Retail Insight Analyst
- Department: Online Insight Services
- Reporting to: Head of Retail Insight - Data
purpose of the job
- Working in IGD’s Online Insight Services team, this position reports to the Head of Retail Insight – Data, and plays a key supporting role in maintaining our Datacentre database.
- The Datacentre database is a part of our Retail Analysis service, a source of key indicators of retailer and macro-economic performance, offering our customers a view on past and future performance.
Areas of accountability
- To maintain the integrity and quality of the data in our Datacentre, ensuring it is helping to fulfil IGD’s commitments to its members globally, in providing accurate, timely and high-quality data-driven insight.
- Areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting Retail and Data Analysts in updating our Datacentre with adjustments to their retailer data and forecasts
- Supporting where required in updating the macro economic data used in our forecasting, internal tools or in Datacentre
- Supporting the Data team with any testing of changes to the websites in relation to data
- Supporting the way data is displayed on the website by adjusting the data views we offer to our customers
- Strong numerical background
- Experience of collaborating with colleagues and supporting others
- Awareness of how the grocery industry works
- A passion for data; ensuring high quality and integrity of figures
- A logical thinker with attention to detail
- An ethos of continuous improvement and high-quality execution in all work
- Tenacious and resilient, with a flexible approach to meet changing priorities
- Ability to take the initiative to identify how things could be done differently or better
Technical skills and qualifications
- Qualifications in numerate subjects to A-level standard, ideally studying for, or have completed, a degree that requires numerical analysis
- Be intellectually robust with an ability to learn quickly
- Be comfortable with Excel and be able to perform calculations
- Be able to pick up and learn a new system / software quickly
- An excellent ability to find robust and credible sources of information
- Bright and welcoming manner
- Resilient, able to stay calm in a crisis and work unsupervised
- Must be a ‘team player’, capable of both taking ownership for his/her work streams, and working closely with our analysts in this supporting role
- This role reports into the Head of Retail Insight Data. The role has no direct reports.
- The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool, and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.