We are an organisation of two vital and interconnected communities: Commercial Insight and Social Impact. Together, we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.
We connect our industry
We are a trusted partner with unrivalled insight and foresight across our industry. We give our customers a better understanding of how to unlock success and where our industry is going.
We make a difference by giving our customers the ability to meet everyday challenges and adapt to changing futures.
We influence change
We have a unique ability to convene stakeholders across our industry to address the economic, social, and environmental issues that matter to us all.
Together, we drive change to make a significant, tangible difference and deliver social impact.
Role of the Solutions team
The purpose of the Solutions team at IGD is to own the:
- Product plan and strategy for Solutions, creating and developing Solutions and commercial learning products.
- Delivery of Solutions projects and training courses.
- Pre-commissioned co-creation of Solutions to meet customer needs, in collaboration with the customer and IGD’s customer team.
- IP development, through knowledge and process, that underpins our Solutions products.
- Capability and personal development of the Solutions team
Purpose of this role
To provide high-quality, customer-focused commercial shopper expertise, helping customers make more informed business decisions, delivering growth for the future.
Responsibilities of this role
Identify and co-create Solutions shopper projects.
- Co-creation and delivery of projects and programmes to satisfy customer problems or opportunities through shopper insights
- Extensive collaboration with the customer team to identify opportunities aligned to IGD’s shopper capabilities, and create Solution propositions that meet the customer needs not met through ShopperVista, in keeping with established collaborative RACI
- Design and execute profitable solutions which contribute to the healthy growth of the overall Solutions function
Delivery of shopper Solutions projects
- Delivery to include project and programme management, stakeholder management and facilitation that utilises technical skills, knowledge & experience in shopper research and insight.
- Ownership and project management of projects, ensuring project teams have the capability and capacity to deliver excellent projects for customers.
- Ensure high quality delivery, establishing appropriate KPI’s and feedback mechanisms and capture learnings, case studies and testimonials
Product and IP creation
- Support ongoing product innovation, especially through developing products and approaches that are unique to IGD
- Ensure customer relevancy of Solutions proposition through customer and industry understanding and feedback, to support the product plan for shopper Solutions, in collaboration and alignment with our ShopperVista product plan
- Work with nominated research agency partners, ensuring methodologies applied reflect industry best practice and stretch our expertise into new areas of research
Knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Extensive experience of, and passion for, the consumer goods industry preferred
- Functional industry experience gained in shopper research & insight roles
- Understanding of shopper insight methodologies and application, and proven personal technical ability and experience across innovative quant & qual shopper research
- Understanding of the commercial interface between retailers & manufacturers
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to identify and deliver commercial opportunities within the consultancy/advisory space. Proven track record of high quality delivery
- Able to create profitable shopper insight products and solutions for customers, with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent projects management skills, including ability to manage external agency partners and freelance resource
- Credible at senior management level with influencing capability and good presentation skills
- Collaborative approach with partnership mindset, able to build win-win relationships
- Dynamic, self-motivated, and driven with a growth mindset and results focus
- Low ego, high integrity and values-led with strong customer focus
- This role reports into the Head of Shopper Solutions. The role has no direct reports
- The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore Heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.