Sustainability Programme Manager
Do you want to work for an organisation that strives to make a positive difference within the food and consumer goods industry?
IGD is an organisation which connects and unites this industry. Building on its trusted heritage we are on a progressive and ambitious change journey and are looking for future thinking and dynamic individuals to join us.
The Social Impact team are looking for ambitious people with the energy and passion to make tangible changes happen.
If this is you, then joining our team could be just the right move.
Purpose of the job
- Own and manage the delivery of specific programmes within IGD’s sustainability pillar to maximise our social impact
- Help manage IGD’s network of external stakeholders relevant to your areas of responsibility to inform our approach and maximise impact
- Act as an ambassador for IGD’s sustainability agenda both externally and within the organisation.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Responsible for owning and delivering specific programmes within IGD’s sustainability pillar (for example climate change, food waste reduction, food surplus redistribution and sustainable packaging systems) ensuring annual targets are met within agreed budgets
- Report on progress against KPIs for your areas of responsibility on a monthly basis - identifying risks, opportunities and recommending contingencies
- Responsible for the development and delivery of relevant content for your programmes (reports, briefing notes, toolkits, online content, etc) in partnership with IGD colleagues, industry, delivery partners and external consultants
- Develop your own expertise, analyse trends and monitor customer feedback across your areas of responsibility and recommend opportunities for future development and continuous improvement
- Input to the annual business planning process for the sustainability pillar and help inform long term strategic planning
Stakeholder management and communication
- Support management of industry working groups relevant to your programmes, ensuring they are highly engaged with IGD and help deliver impact
- Work with colleagues across the Charity team and wider IGD to develop and maintain a network of external stakeholders to support your programmes
- Represent IGD at external meetings as required
- Work with the Marketing team to help develop effective communications plans for your areas of responsibility to raise awareness and drive engagement with our sustainability programmes.
- Raise awareness of Sustainability activities across IGD, ensuring internal understanding and supporting colleagues where appropriate
- This role reports into the Head of Sustainability.
- Experience working in/with the UK food and consumer goods industry within a sustainability role
- Strong project management skills - capable of working under pressure and adopting a flexible approach to meet changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Experience managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated with the ability to drive programmes forward
- A team player with the ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organisation
- Willingness to be flexible and work across a broad range of sustainability issues
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Educated to degree level in Sustainability (desirable)
- The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool, and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.
Welcome to IGD. We are an organisation of two vital and interconnected communities: Commercial Insight and Social Impact. Together, we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.
We influence change
We have a unique ability to convene stakeholders across the food and consumer goods industry to address the economic, social, and environmental issues that matter to us all.
Together, we drive change to make a significant, tangible difference and deliver social impact.
We connect our industry
We are a trusted partner with unrivalled insight and foresight across the food and consumer goods industry. We give our customers a better understanding of how to unlock success and where our industry is going.
We make a difference by giving our customers the ability to meet everyday challenges and adapt to changing futures.