Purpose of the job
To lead the ongoing development of IGD’s commercial insight data products; meeting and exceeding our members’ needs and fulfilling IGD’s commercial commitments to its members and customers globally in delivering high quality, accurate, timely insight and forecasting.
This role requires an analytical mind and experience with managing internal and external relationships, providing the opportunity to work directly with the top retailers in the UK.
Main areas of accountability
IGD’s Retail Analysis Datacentre
- Ensuring effective ways of working with the Data team to deliver against their wider commitments as a centre of excellence in IGD
- Development planning to keep evolving IGD’ proprietary analytical software over a 2-3 year horizon, led by the identification and prioritisation of customer requirements
- Working with the Data Team, IT function and 3rd party providers to ensure the smooth implementation of system changes
- Leading our team’s direct interaction with customers, data promotion opportunities and website developments, identifying and delivering improvements to enhance our reputation for data
- Driving the Data Team’s development and delivery of data in content across the Retail Insight team, supported by appropriate mediums, analytical tools and models
- Supporting our Senior Data Analyst in the execution of our reforecasting cycles, ensuring the Retail Analysis content team effectively step through our annual process
IGD’s Market Track Schemes
- Leadership in the delivery of IGD’s unique weekly sales benchmarking schemes; managing stakeholders and ensuring the service continues to meet the needs of participants
- Identification of any potential enhancements to the schemes and participant meetings, delivering the smooth implementation of changes
- Development of how we analyse and store information relating to the schemes including trend and survey analysis
- Leading the team to ensure the effective weekly operation; with a focus on the timely release of data, participant accuracy and adherence to the agreed participant rules
- Building and developing relationships with participants
Delivery of data driven content, Solutions projects and Ask IGD queries:
- Deliver content for projects as required, providing data driven insight in a compelling way
- Work cross functionally on large scale projects for our service or select customers
- Working with the Solutions and Sales teams to drive increased use of IGD’s retail data in our deliveries, enhancing their commercial value
Whilst there will be no direct reports, the candidate will work closely with the Retail Insight – Data team and cross functionally with several other teams to deliver against commitments
Knowledge and behaviours
- A clear communicator with a collaborative approach and ability to energise and motivate others
- Strong project management skills, able to own an idea from concept to delivery
- Problem solving capability
- A good working knowledge and keen interest to know more about the food and grocery retail sector
- An understanding of global macro-economic trends
- Strong Excel skills and comfort with BI tools, with an interest to develop their analytical skill-set further
- Some understanding of statistical concepts
- A track record in leading project teams or managing others, and in managing external relationships. Would be interested in a team management career path
- Ideally have some experience in the food and grocery industry, working for a retailer, manufacturing or consulting business in a research or analytical capacity
- Some relevant experience in the development of data products / tools as a service
- Using Excel to draw on large datasets to develop insights and draw out conclusions
- Preferably experience with both forecasting and modelling
- Experience with using BI tools (preferably PowerBI), experience with VBA and Sql is desirable
- Degree level qualification – preferable in a numerate degree e.g. economics, maths, sciences
- The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool, and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.
Welcome to IGD. We are an organisation of two vital and interconnected communities: Commercial Insight and Social Impact. Together, we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.
We influence change
We have a unique ability to convene stakeholders across the food and consumer goods industry to address the economic, social, and environmental issues that matter to us all.
Together, we drive change to make a significant, tangible difference and deliver social impact.
We connect our industry
We are a trusted partner with unrivalled insight and foresight across the food and consumer goods industry. We give our customers a better understanding of how to unlock success and where our industry is going.
We make a difference by giving our customers the ability to meet everyday challenges and adapt to changing futures.