Head of Industry Advisory Groups and Networks
Do you want to work for an organisation that strives to make a positive difference, working in partnership with the food and consumer goods industry? IGD is an organisation which connects and unites this industry. Building on our trusted heritage we are on a progressive and ambitious change journey and are looking for future thinking and dynamic individuals to join us.
The Social Impact team are looking for ambitious people with the energy and passion to make tangible changes happen.
If this is you, then joining our team could be just the right move.
Purpose of the job
- IGDs industry advisory groups are fundamental to how we deliver Social Impact, guiding and shaping what we do
- IGDs industry advisory groups also offer a unique opportunity for group members to build a trusted peer network and provide thought leadership for the whole industry
- We are looking for someone to own and drive the development of this most valued network in the food and consumer goods industry
Areas of accountability
- Responsible for developing a joined-up programme activity across IGD’s core, senior Advisory Groups (including our Chief Executive’s Forum)
- Responsible for ensuring good governance of IGD’s Advisory Groups, including the measurement and reporting of their effectiveness
- Ensure effective communication of the role of our Advisory Groups and the work they undertake
- Support the Advisory Group leads to develop a wider industry network
- Work with the Marketing team to help develop effective communications plans to showcase thought leadership through our Advisory Groups, raise awareness of and drive engagement with our Social Impact programmes
- Develop your own expertise, analyse trends and monitor stakeholder feedback across your areas of responsibility and recommend opportunities for future development and continuous improvement
- Input to the annual business planning process for the Social Impact team and help inform long term strategic planning
This role reports into the strategy and corporate affairs director.
- Experience working in/with the UK food and consumer goods industry
- A good understanding of the ESG agenda and how it connects to key roles within the food and consumer goods industry
- Strong ability to connect issues and develop a strategic approach to problems
- Strong project management skills - capable of working under pressure and adopting a flexible approach to meet changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Experience managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated with the ability to drive programmes forward
- A team player with the ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organisation
- Willingness to be flexible and work across a broad range of issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool, and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.
IGD (Institute of Grocery Distribution) is an organisation of two interconnected communities.
Our Trading company uses in-depth commercial understanding to uncover rich insights and data, leading to action that powers success. We reinvest our profit into delivering Social Impact, through the Charity, aimed at uniting and mobilising our industry around the most crucial issues affecting society and business.
We connect, collaborate and inspire, provoking and leading constructive debate that creates tangible impact. Together we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.