New Business Executive
Are you hungry, ambitious and looking for your next challenge?
Are you an exceptional communicator with sales experience?
The New Business Executive will play a key role in driving commercial activity by engaging and acquiring new customers for IGD. We’re looking for an individual who thrives in a commercialised target-driven environment. You will ideally have industry experience and/or experience of working in a B2B environment.
Retail Analysis is our flagship service. We have more than 400 subscribers worldwide, predominantly manufacturers but also retailers and a range of service suppliers. The majority of new customers begin their engagement with IGD by subscribing to Retail Analysis, so it’s critical to acquisition.
More than half of our customers are outside the UK, mainly in Europe, but there are still opportunities to grow in our domestic market too. Reporting to the Global Business Development Manager within the sales team, the NBE will play a key role in driving IGD’s commercial activity.
- The role will be mainly office-based. You will engage incoming leads by phone / Skype, developing a sound understanding of the customer and their goals at both the contact (up to Sales Director) and company level
- Prospect relentlessly to build pipeline and develop strong personal relationships with potential clients
- Close new business consistently to exceed targets
- Seek out new commercial opportunities and be prepared to go the extra mile to exceed client expectations
- Develop solutions to align customer needs with IGD solutions, focusing on our flagship Retail Analysis service
- Maintain a regular programme of engagement (email, phone, Skype) to ensure prospects remain engaged during the journey to close
- Undertake targeted online research using tools such as LinkedIn to proactively engage new prospects
- Provide the business with a continuous stream of insightful customer feedback, designed to improve existing services, generating ideas for new ones and monitoring competitive activity
- There will be some UK and occasional international travel to engage with larger prospects
- Ensure that new customers are fully onboarded before being migrated to the account management team
- Liaise ongoing with the account management team to engage customers whose subscriptions have lapsed
- Generate leads for other IGD services such as customised projects, working closely with our research teams
- Delivering monthly and annual sales targets, this is the primary measure of your success
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A track record in developing new business
- Experienced in cold calling potential clients
- Outgoing and confident with a great telephone manner
- An excellent verbal, written and visual communicator with a creative sales approach
- Able to quickly establish a rapport with our existing and new clients
- Industry experience preferred and / or working in a B2B sales environment
- Proven commercial track record, able to work under pressure to deliver agreed targets
- Excellent relationship developer, engaging existing contacts and building new ones through networking
- Customer focused with the ability to close
- Exceptional communicator who acts with diplomacy, discretion and integrity
- Forecasting accuracy
- Strong influencing, listening and presentation skills
- Excellent team player, able to collaborate with the wider business
- Proactive self-starter, with the ability to direct own work to exceed objectives
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please apply.