Purpose of this role
Working as part of the Content Team supporting the Content Strategy Manager and Content Managers in creating, preparing, and uploading content for IGD’s online websites.
Responsibilities of this role
- Publishing content across IGD’s web portals and help to manage the websites
- Proofing and editing work in line with IGD’s narratives, tone of voice and style guides
- Managing content repositories, taxonomies, and metadata in the back end of the sites
Main Areas of Accountability
- Work with content managers to prepare and publish content onto IGD’s web platforms
- Support content management team in stakeholder management, working cross-functionally across IGD
- Proof and edit content for grammatical errors, in line with IGD’s tone of voice and narratives to ensure the quality and SEO of our content
- Where required support in writing content for publication
- Create and update content (including all imagery) as required using agreed templates and formats
- Assist in the management of content across the sites including building new pages and taxonomies
- Manage tagging of content in line with our taxonomies
- Manage content in the back end of the website including content/feature box/image libraries
- Format presentations, updating profiles and snapshots, using datacentre information, if necessary
Technical issues and Website Editing
- Assist in the development of the websites and content planning
- Support the content management team when a technical issue arises with either the content management system or front end of our sites
- Testing of websites, in the content management system and front end, as required
Other duties may be required by the organisation from time to time and the job holder will be expected to contribute to these.
Knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Background in content management and content planning
- History of working with content management systems
- Knowledge of tagging systems and metadata
- Knowledge of html is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- A knowledge of SEO and working with associated systems
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure, to deliver work accurately and to deadline
- Excellent communicator with a high standard of written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and keen interest to learn
- Flexible and reliable
The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
IGD (Institute of Grocery Distribution) is an organisation of two interconnected communities.
Our Trading company uses in-depth commercial understanding to uncover rich insights and data, leading to action that powers success. We reinvest our profit into delivering Social Impact, through the Charity, aimed at uniting and mobilising our industry around the most crucial issues affecting society and business.
We connect, collaborate and inspire, provoking and leading constructive debate that creates tangible impact. Together we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.