Looking to further your career? Experience of web/application development using Microsoft .NET technologies?
The QA Analyst has a critical role across the Development team and will be responsible for all software testing, and deployment quality control.
The successful candidate will be passionate about software quality and development process and have experience with testing methodologies and the Microsoft .NET development stack. There will be opportunities to gain experience in a wide range of technology platforms and DevOps practices.
This position would suit a developer looking to widen their experience across testing, DevOps and service delivery or an experienced quality/support engineer looking to work closer with .NET development frameworks and business applications.
Knowledge of source control, continuous integration and deployment processes and tools preferred, along with experience with task and issue management software tools.
Responsibilities will be varied across areas of:
- Quality control: ensuring code releases are tested, documented, planned, communicated. Leading the selection and management of testing tools and process, included automated testing.
- Service delivery: managing the interfaces between the development team and the business, and the development team and the infrastructure team, to ensure good levels of service uptime and quality.
- Issue management: using appropriate tools to log, triage and communicate issues with business critical websites and applications.
- Enhancements and continuous improvement: updates, upgrades, code enhancements as required across multiple systems.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of web/application development using Microsoft .NET technologies
- Previous experience with testing tools and methodologies and sound knowledge of TDD, unit testing and load testing
- Proven experience managing a technical or development support function
- Good all-round knowledge of front-end and back-end web technologies
- Basic working knowledge of database technologies, e.g. MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of version control software and processes
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS)
- Awareness of web hosting environments and optimisation, e.g. IIS
- Good understanding of DevOps practices of continuous integration and delivery
- Any experience of MS Dynamic CRM beneficial
- Professional diplomacy, and good written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management, and ability to prioritise in busy environments
- Strong analysis skills and high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work proactively and collaboratively to find creative solutions to shared problems