We are an organisation of two vital and interconnected communities: Commercial Insight and Social Impact. Together, we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.
We connect our industry
We are a trusted partner with unrivalled insight and foresight across our industry. We give our customers a better understanding of how to unlock success and where our industry is going.
We make a difference by giving our customers the ability to meet everyday challenges and adapt to changing futures.
We influence change
We have a unique ability to convene stakeholders across our industry to address the economic, social, and environmental issues that matter to us all.
Together, we drive change to make a significant, tangible difference and deliver social impact.
Purpose of the job
You will account manage a group of existing IGD customers, mainly FMCG Manufacturers. The majority of customers are likely to be based here in the UK, others internationally.
Your role is to meet agreed financial targets, selling IGD’s full range of products and with a particular focus on our Retail Analysis, ShopperVista and Supply Chain products. You will deliver outstanding levels of customer service, working closely with the wider Sales and Solutions Team
Areas of accountability
Commercial and financial
- Delivery of agreed renewal revenue targets for assigned accounts
- Ongoing development of assigned accounts to agreed service levels
- Drive new business opportunities for the sales team – this will be via our Solutions Team and also upselling current subscription products. You will also be looking for Sponsorship opportunities within your portfolio of customers, where appropriate
- Accurate forecasting, sales projection and pipeline management
- Be a key contact for customers and an expert in IGD’s total proposition
- Responsible for customer relationships from the point of purchase. Manage ongoing engagement with regular meaningful communications to ensure retention and enhance value for customers
- Work with IGD's events team to create solutions for customers which deliver value
- Present IGD services via online demos and face to face meetings
- Provide high quality customer feedback to support product development
- Develop strong customer relationships to effectively upsell and cross sell other IGD products and services which meets customer needs
- Be a CRM super-user and an advocate for its use within the wider sales team
- Develop a thorough understanding of IGD’s total product portfolio
- Ensure insights are shared with customers to drive value
- Other duties may be required by the organisation from time to time and you will be expected to contribute to these
- Genuine interest in and experience of the FMCG industry and working in a B2B sales environment
- Strong commercial acumen with a good understanding of business issues
- Proven commercial track record, able to deliver agreed targets
- Strong influencing, listening, presentation and IT skills
- Excellent relationship developer, engaging existing contacts and building new ones through networking
- Excellent planning skills with drive to complete tasks and high attention to detail
- Experience of a high-performance and customer-focused culture
- Proven ability to adapt to change and embrace new products and services
- Knowledge of how retailers and manufacturers use Market Research data
- This role reports into the commercial Business Unit Leader. The role has no direct reports
- The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.