Senior Supply Chain Analyst
Do you want to join a company that is growing and delivering unrivalled value to its customers? A company where you can learn and shape the future of supply chains in the food and consumer goods industry?
You have a unique opportunity to help take our supply chain best practice programme to the next level.
We are an international shopper, retail and supply chain expert. We seek to inspire change in our industry through collaboration to help companies grow, become more efficient and build capability so they’re fit for the future. We do this through web-based insight services and tailored solutions.
IGD’s Supply Chain Analysis service (SCA) is central to our plans for international growth. SCA is an online best practice service packed with insight and thought leadership. We have ambitious plans to develop and grow the service. This is an exciting time for a supply chain professional keen to make a real impact in an increasingly important area for businesses.
You’ll be working as part of a team of experts to grow the impact of our SCA service. This is a commercial service, and it is vital you understand the strategic levers for change and how they will affect and influence business decisions.
You’ll take the lead in researching and developing insight on the big supply chain issues. You will have the customer at your heart, be passionate about uncovering problems, developing best practice and creating thought leadership, helping our customers prepare and grow.
You’ll be able to develop your specialism and diversify into new areas. You’ll need to be on top of the latest thinking, enjoy translating this into best practice and practical advice, and be creative in developing impactful content.
More specifically, you’ll take a hands-on approach to:
- Contributing to the delivery of monthly and annual sales targets – driven through new business and subscription renewals – this is the primary measure of your success
- Constructing and contributing to a compelling content plan that meets the needs of subscribers and helps us grow the service
- Producing research for the SCA service, including data collection, analysis and the production of compelling reports to present findings and key implications for our customers
- Understanding our customers’ needs to ensure we focus on the issues that matter, and improving the quality of our research
- Delivering presentations to clients and at events to improve the impact of our supply chain work and the profile of the SCA service
- Growing the impact of the SCA service, making it indispensable for businesses
- Building engagement with external clients, industry experts, etc. to improve the quality, focus and impact of our work
- Identifying best practice developments through networking in the industry
- Produce insight in the most compelling and impactful way to engage users of the service
- Working with internal teams to onboard new business, progress leads and engage with our existing customer base to ensure they get what they need from the service
- Supporting the wider programme at IGD, from client-specific projects to training and connecting SCA content to IGD Solutions (IGD’s tailored solutions operation)
- You will report to the Head of Insight – Supply Chain. You have no direct reports
- You will be based at our head office in Letchmore Heath, Watford, Hertfordshire. There will be some UK and occasional international travel required
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Proactive self-starter with an ability to direct your own work and operate under pressure to deliver targets
- Technical acumen: able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the customer supply chain dynamics to support business growth and cost reduction
- Expert in several core supply chain areas, including availability, cost reduction, omnichannel, demand planning
- Knowledge of the food and consumer goods industry: a good grasp of big trends backed up by examples of involvement in projects to drive improvement
- Experience of working in the food and consumer goods industry as a retailer, supplier, service provider or consultancy
- Exposure to working across business functions on collaborative projects internally or externally with your trading partner
- Communication style: a confident presenter, with excellent writing skills, able to write for the online environment and translate complex issues into simple English
- A broad supply chain network to support a wide range of research themes
- Proven ability to analyse, interpret information and produce compelling insights
- Excellent relationship developer: engaging existing contacts and building new ones through networking
- Project management skills and ability to deliver to deadlines involving various stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial mindset, seeking opportunities to commercialise our supply chain offer
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel to independently undertake data analysis
- Experienced user of Microsoft PowerPoint and a basic understanding of HTML
- Examples of having undertaken research and analysis e.g. to support a supply chain project
- Analytical and intellectually robust – graduate calibre or have gained extensive supply chain experience