Purpose of this role:
To make a difference to IGD and our customers by leading the ongoing strategic direction, development, and long-term innovation of an industry-leading online and digital presence from IGD. This will enable us to tell the IGD story with consistency, strength and simplicity; to sell our products and to engage our customers in an inspiring way and highly visible way.
You will achieve this by being accountable for:
- the back-end structures of the website and how they convert into user journey’s, deliver against our customer tenants and our Commercial and Social Impact objectives
- developing how our site communicates our brand story and ensuring everything you and your team does delivers a high-quality and consistent experience of the IGD brand
- being focused on the digital and online needs and behaviours of our customers and users
- ensuring that everything your team does enhances this user experience and user journeys, demonstrating UX best practice
- leading the development of the structure of our sites and the outward presentation and curation of content within them
- working together with core central and organisational stakeholders
- living and loving our brand behaviours and leading your team in an inspiring and inclusive way
- how efficiently IGD’s online presence converts visitors
Responsibilities of this role:
- Work with stakeholders across IGD, especially those in marketing and IT to build the back-end structures and the content that exists within it
- Ensure taxonomies are structured appropriately
- Regularly audit content to ensure it’s on-brand
- Work with the design team to develop new page designs and templates
- Work with the Technology team to develop new site functionality
- Work with stakeholders across IGD to ensure their content is delivered as a curated pipeline
- Lead the content management team, building a professional, efficient and respected team that delivers for IGD
- Own the development of IGD’s content management processes
- Regularly report on agreed metrics for customer conversion across the sites
Knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Background in online content strategy and management
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Managing site taxonomies or other classification systems
- Auditing content
- Working with site developers and designers to manage and design a site
- Experience in developing bespoke CMS
- Experience in website design and construction
- Experience of working in an online branded environment
- Experience of UX, and working with a data and insight team to unlock the value of user behaviour insight
- Several years of successful team leadership
- A curious, creative thinker and problem solver
- Strategic but with the ability to make things happen at pace
- The ability to work within cross-functional project teams
This role reports to the Marketing and Communications Director.
We are operating a hybrid approach to working with a mix of home and office-based working. We are based in a very accessible location within the M25, just 20 miles from central London.
More About Our People
We’re looking for inspiring professionals; talented people who seek personal and career growth and are ambitious to develop their potential and unlock opportunities for society, for our customers and themselves.
We seek and attract the very best people and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.
More about IGD
IGD is a truly unique place, we connect and inspire, provoking and leading constructive debate that creates impact. Together we are working to make a tangible difference for Society, Business, and the Individual.
We use in-depth commercial understanding to uncover rich insights and data, leading to action that powers success.
We reinvest profit from our Trading company into delivering Social Impact, through the Charity, aimed at uniting and mobilising our industry around the most crucial issues affecting society and business today.
Get in touch - we look forward to working with you.