Purpose of the job
You will provide mainly office-based account management for a group of UK customers and potentially some international customers. You will meet agreed financial targets whilst delivering outstanding levels of customer service.
Areas of accountability
Commercial and financial
- Delivery of agreed renewal revenue target for assigned accounts
- Ongoing development of assigned accounts according to agreed service levels
- Support the New Business Leads process, developing a strong pipeline of qualified leads, generating new business opportunities
- Accurate forecasting, sales projection and pipeline management
Customer / Sales support
- Be a key contact for customers and an expert in IGD’s total proposition
- Be responsible for customer relationships from the point of purchase. Manage ongoing engagement to help drive retention and enhance customer experience
- Define and embed the account management concept across our account base, so that the customer receives a consistent minimum service level with the right support. Provide guidance and tools to ensure effective adoption of our online services within their team and company
- Presenting IGD services via online demos and face to face meetings
- Provide high quality customer feedback to support the development of IGD services and overall proposition
- Develop strong customer relationships to effectively upsell and cross sell other IGD products and services which meets customer needs
- Be a CRM Super-user and an advocate for its use within the wider sales team
- Ensure you share insights are shared within the business to drive continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Other duties may be required by the organisation from time to time and the job holder will be expected to contribute to these
- Strong commercial acumen with a good understanding of business issues
- Experience of the FMCG industry and working in a B2B sales environment
- Proven commercial track record, able to work under pressure to deliver agreed targets
- Genuine interest in the FMCG industry
- Strong influencing, listening, presentation and IT skills
- A thorough understanding of total IGD products
- Excellent relationship developer, engaging existing contacts and building new ones through networking
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with drive to complete tasks
- High attention to detail
- Experience of embedding a high-performance and customer focused culture in your daily work
- Proven ability to adapt to change and embrace new products and services
- Proven ability to translate data into actionable insights
We are operating a hybrid approach to working with a mix of home and office-based working. The exact nature of this can be agreed with the line Manager.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool, and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.
IGD (Institute of Grocery Distribution) is an organisation of two interconnected communities.
Our Trading company uses in-depth commercial understanding to uncover rich insights and data, leading to action that powers success. We reinvest our profit into delivering Social Impact, through the Charity, aimed at uniting and mobilising our industry around the most crucial issues affecting society and business.
We connect, collaborate and inspire, provoking and leading constructive debate that creates tangible impact. Together we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.