Learning Content Manager
We are an organisation of two vital and interconnected communities: Commercial Insight and Social Impact. Together, we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.
We connect our industry
We are a trusted partner with unrivalled insight and foresight across our industry. We give our customers a better understanding of how to unlock success and where our industry is going.
We make a difference by giving our customers the ability to meet everyday challenges and adapt to changing futures.
We influence change
We have a unique ability to convene stakeholders across our industry to address the economic, social, and environmental issues that matter to us all.
Together, we drive change to make a significant, tangible difference and deliver social impact.
We deliver social impact by building the knowledge and skills of industry professionals so that we foster an inclusive and productive workforce.
Learning by IGD
We deliver social impact by building the knowledge and skills of industry professionals so that we foster an inclusive and productive workforce. We do this by providing a programme of free learning that covers industry knowledge and personal development with the aim of:
- Building awareness and understanding
- Challenging thinking
- Inspiring curiosity and change
- Bringing people together
The learning landscape has changed significantly over the past year requiring a greater flexibility and pace of delivery and we have ambitious plans to grow the scale of our impact.
We are looking for a creative, dynamic, and ambitious Learning Content Manager to support the pace and scale at which our programme needs to be delivered.
Purpose of the job
You will develop, manage, and deliver the content plan for IGD’s free learning programmes. You will source content from a diverse range of experts and be responsible for managing it’s development it into engaging learning formats that are aligned to the learning strategy.
Areas of accountability
Manage and deliver the content plan
- Develop and manage the forward content plan, according to the over-arching learning outcomes set in the free learning strategy and brand narrative/identity
- Use blended learning principles to oversee the development and delivery of bite-sized, engaging, and relevant content for our target audiences
- Take a continuous improvement approach and use data to identify gaps and make recommendations for new content in the curriculum
- Manage existing resources to ensure they maintain relevancy
- Use relevant software where appropriate to create learning resources
Build successful relationships and ways of working
- Source the content contributors by building an ambitious and sustainable network which includes a diverse range of internal and external subject matter experts, and industry professionals
- Work with Learning Programmes Manager to create efficient ways of working that deliver the plan at pace
- Brief and manage content developers to create the final learning resources
- Collaborate with the Learning Delivery Coordinator to deliver events
- To operationally support the wider People Programmes and Charity team to deliver our roadmap and long-term vision
- Maintain a full knowledge on all aspects of IGD including the charitable activities and IGD’s commercial products and services
- Competent and proactive user of IGD’s Customer Relationship Management system
- Continuously building industry knowledge to understand the world in which our learners operate
- Has experience in learning and actively seeks to understand new trends in the learning landscape
- Thinks creatively to breakdown over-arching learning outcomes into a blended content plan that meets the needs of our audience. Is also able to balance creativity with practicality to ensure the plan is brought to life according to deadlines
- Uses understanding of learning principles to turn information into accessible, interactive, and engaging learning content
- Is able to use editing software to create basic content
- Has very strong relationship management skills, and is bold and confident in building an enviable network of high-profile contributors
- Is experienced in managing external providers and is confident in holding others to account for deliverables
- Works effectively at pace to meet the demands of a programme which is rapidly growing in scale
- Has a dynamic growth mindset that can successfully adapt to changing requirements
- Works collaboratively with team and internal stakeholders
- Has strong attention to detail to ensure consistency across different format types and alignment to brand
- Experience of FMCG industry is desirable but not essential
- This role reports into the Learning Programmes Manager. The role has no direct reports
- The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.