Shopper Solutions Analyst
Purpose of this role
As a Shopper Solutions Analyst, you will be part of a team at the forefront of innovative research delivery. You will work closely with the Head of Shopper Solutions and Shopper Solutions Managers to support the development and delivery of ad-hoc shopper projects.
Role of the Solutions Team
The purpose of the Solutions team at IGD is to own the:
- Product plan and strategy for Solutions, creating and developing Solutions and commercial learning products
- Delivery of Solutions projects and training courses
- Pre-commissioned co-creation of Solutions to meet customer needs, in collaboration with the customer and IGD’s customer team
- IP development, through knowledge and process, that underpins our Solutions products
- Capability and personal development of the Solutions team
Responsibilities of this role
Identify and co-create Solutions shopper projects
- Co-creation and delivery of projects and programmes alongside the Shopper Solutions Managers to satisfy customer problems or opportunities through shopper insights
- Collaboration with the customer team to identify opportunities aligned to IGD’s shopper capabilities, and support the creation of Solution propositions that meet the customer needs not met through ShopperVista, in keeping with established collaborative RACI
- Support with the design and execution of profitable solutions which contribute to the healthy growth of the overall Solutions function
Delivery of Shopper Solutions projects
- Delivery of shopper projects including support with project and programme management, stakeholder management and facilitation
- Set-up and delivery of research projects including liaison with fieldwork agencies, supporting with undertaking primary shopper research – both quantitative and qualitative, analysis and interpretation of data sets and writing presentations for client debriefs
- Ensure high quality delivery, establishing appropriate KPI’s and feedback mechanisms and capture learnings, case studies and testimonials
Product and IP Creation
- Support the Head of Shopper Solutions with ongoing product innovation, especially through developing products and approaches that are unique to IGD
- Work with nominated research agency partners, ensuring methodologies applied reflect industry best practice and stretch our expertise into new areas of research
Knowledge, skills and beheaviours
- A grounding in market research, gained from working for a market research agency or within client-side research role is highly desirable
- Knowledge, experience of, and a passion for the consumer goods industry is desired but not essential
- Have experience of working on / supporting with complex research projects, which include both qualitative and quantitative phases
- Demonstrate a level of commercial acumen, with the ability to identify and deliver opportunities within the research space
- Able to support the creation of profitable shopper insight products and solutions for customers, with good problem-solving skills
- Collaborative approach with partnership mindset, able to build win-win relationships
- Dynamic, self-motivated, and driven with a growth mindset and results focus
- Low ego, high integrity and values-led with strong customer focus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced commercial environment
This role reports into the Head of Shopper Solutions. The role has no direct reports.
The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
IGD (Institute of Grocery Distribution) is an organisation of two interconnected communities.
Our Trading company uses in-depth commercial understanding to uncover rich insights and data, leading to action that powers success. We reinvest our profit into delivering Social Impact, through the Charity, aimed at uniting and mobilising our industry around the most crucial issues affecting society and business.
We connect, collaborate and inspire, provoking and leading constructive debate that creates tangible impact. Together we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.