eCommerce Insight Manager
Our Asia research programme is growing and given that online is the fastest growing retail channel in the region, we are looking for an experienced analyst to join our team in Singapore and help us strengthen our online and digital Asian retail insight.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead IGD’s online and digital research programme in Asia, delivering high quality insight on some of Asia’s most exciting retailers and markets across the region.
You will be expected to own the Asian ecommerce content on our IGD Asia and Retail Analysis websites, conduct primary research across the region, building our commercial and strategic reputation in this area through an extensive network of research contacts to support the work stream. You will build your own content plan and production on online and digital within our IGD Asia website. You will track market developments as well as comment on future innovations and their relevance to the grocery industry.
Another regular aspect to the role will be developing and presenting customised content to senior clients and conferences in the region, operating cross functionally with other internal teams where relevant.
Areas of accountability
Research & analysis:
- Own IGD’s online and digital content on IGD Asia, including profiles of pure play online grocers and timely news on the latest retail developments in the region
- Deliver insightful reports on the latest online and digital developments across Asia, providing actionable insight to our members through the IGD Asia and Retail Analysis websites, webinars and customised work for clients
Delivery of customised projects:
- To negotiate and secure customised research projects for individual clients, in support of the delivery of IGD’s customised income budget
- Prepare and deliver / present content for client specific outputs that meet customer briefs and exceed their expectations in terms of quality and depth of insight
Networking & awareness building:
- Regularly present to IGD clients to build awareness of our research, demonstrating technical excellence with customers and inspiring confidence in IGD
- Present at external conferences across Asia, as well as IGD conferences
Improving product and service quality:
- Personal approach and able to build strong relationships with new contacts
- Ability to interpret customers’ needs and translate research in to actionable implications
- Strong project management skills and ownership of your workstream
What you will need to succeed:
- At least 5-10 year’s experience of working within the grocery industry for either a retailer, FMCG manufacturer, consultancy, financial organisation, service provider or third-party supplier
- Experience of working within an ecommerce role in Asia is vital, with a strong understanding of major online retailers, trends shaping the channel and its future direction
- Strong knowledge of the Asian grocery landscape, key retailers in the region, future trends, plus growth opportunities and challenges for both suppliers and retailers
- Evidence of writing high quality insight on Asia’s retail and consumer goods market, including experience of working with limited data sources
- Comfortable working with numbers, mining data and developing robust forecasts of future scenarios
- Good awareness of how the food and grocery industry works, in particular the commercial interactions between retailer and suppliers
- Experience of developing and /or an established network of contacts in Asia within the grocery industry
- Travelled extensively across major Asian markets and able to demonstrate cultural awareness
- Experience of presenting to senior management / large audiences
- Strong written English and mandarin spoken to business level
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and the ability to write for the online environment
- Strong Excel and numerical ability, with the understanding of how to confidently forecast future trends
- Comfortable presenting to a variety of audience sizes and seniorities and able to think on your feet
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please apply.