Product Marketing Manager - Acquisition
We are an organisation of two vital and interconnected communities: Commercial Insight and Social Impact. Together, we are working to drive change that makes a tangible difference for Society, Business and the Individual.
We connect our industry
We are a trusted partner with unrivalled insight and foresight across our industry. We give our customers a better understanding of how to unlock success and where our industry is going.
We make a difference by giving our customers the ability to meet everyday challenges and adapt to changing futures.
We influence change
We have a unique ability to convene stakeholders across our industry to address the economic, social, and environmental issues that matter to us all.
Together, we drive change to make a significant, tangible difference and deliver social impact.
Purpose of the job
The Product Marketing Manager - Acquisition is responsible for creating, scheduling and executing all marketing activity to support the business objectives across IGD’s Online Insight Services. This includes new business acquisition, new visitor and user experience, prospective customer engagement, and brand awareness and advocacy.
Areas of accountability
- In collaboration with sales, help drive new business acquisition creating a series of customer touchpoints and nurturing throughout the end-to-end sales cycle
- Prospecting, generating, qualifying, processing and following up on leads supporting the new business sales team.
- Initiate lead generation strategies that include inbound/outbound sales and marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Full ownership, production and management of the rolling “top of funnel” marketing plan including strategy, customer targeting and execution that help to support the business objectives
- Develop commercial activation tools/assets for the sales and product teams to educate new contacts and support customer conversations.
- Work in collaboration with Design team to manage production of marketing materials, e.g. newsletters, web, emails, flagship reports, etc., that deliver an impactful and cohesive message
- Use test and learn approaches to trial innovative mechanics within the marketing mix, and to evolve the plan as required
- Create and schedule activity across all marketing channels including websites, email, print, social, paid advertising, PPC etc.
- Drive continuous improvement through analytical data; review at agreed intervals, providing feedback and implementing recommendations to the marketing plan
- Funnel metrics, from new visitors to marketing qualified and sales qualified leads
- New customer leads passed to the sales team
- Agreed financial targets
- Deliver an outstanding IGD brand customer experience
- Overall contribution made by trading side of the business
- Experience of creating, developing and monitoring lead generation strategies and activities.
- Proven project management capability
- Experienced in digital marketing and database marketing with multiple customers.
- Background in content-based lead generation ideally from a B2B environment, e.g. SAAS/Tech
- Competent user of digital marketing technology including mailing programmes and social scheduling tools
- Strong copywriting skills for email, web and social, with the ability to adopt tone of voice and brand guidelines
- Effective time management and the ability to work across multiple projects at once is essential for this role
- An analytical mindset, with the ability to draw actionable insights from a variety of data
- Knowledge of the FMCG industry is an advantage but not essential
- Meticulous planning and project management skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management
- A proactive, can-do mentality
- Commercially focused and results-driven
- A proven collaborator, able to work cross-functionally with sales and product teams
- Customer-centric mentality
- Adaptable and flexible in style and approach
- This role reports into the Head of Commercial Marketing. The role has no direct reports
- The role will be based at our head office in Letchmore heath, Watford and remotely as necessary. There will be some occasional UK travel.
We seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We therefore welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process.