Closing Date: 01 February 2019
Location: Preston Field Based
Salary: From £31,000 to £35,000.00 depending on experience
DBS Required: Yes
Contract Type: Permanent
With an Advanced Craft Certificate in Plumbing (or equivalent), you must have verifiable relevant industry experience and current knowledge of industry working practices and techniques relevant in a building services engineering environment. Knowledge or involvement in Government training schemes and National Vocational Qualifications would be an advantage - as would a recognised Health and safety qualification, Assessor qualifications D32, D33, A1 or TAQA and current ACS certificate (non-domestic).
Although based from home, you will need to live in the North West area and be willing to travel regularly so a full driving licence and use of a car is essential.
A DBS Disclosure will be required.
In addition to the salary, there is an excellent benefits package that includes training and development, an occupational pension scheme, 25 days annual leave and BUPA.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. JTL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Advanced Craft Certificate in Plumbing, NVQ Level 3, recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent. Driving Licence and use of a car.
Interviews for this position will be held during week commencing 12th November.
Responsible for providing a high-quality training and support service for a caseload of apprentices. Deliver a robust assessment service to meet the NVQ and framework completion requirement.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Provide a recruitment service to attract suitable candidates for JTL training programmes.
* Work with the Regional Training Centre Co-ordinator assisting with JTL’s Initial Assessment, the organisation of college streams and delivering inductions.
* Ensure Pre-Placement Assessments (PPAs) for new and existing employers are completed.
* Carry out apprentice reviews, as necessary, whilst ensuring a minimum contractual requirement.
* Give support and guidance to apprentices through each year of their apprenticeship, as necessary, to support the apprentice to achieve Framework completion within the given timeframes.
* Ensure that the pastoral relationship with the apprentice actively safeguards and promotes their welfare.
* Proactively engage in customer focus, responding to any training needs/queries/issues raised by employers, apprentices or related parties in a timely and professional manner.
* Complete all required administration documents following contractual guidelines and within given timeframes.
* Maintain good working relationships with external parties assisting with industry events and committees when required
* Maintain an awareness of developments in field of expertise ensuring professional knowledge is always up-to-date.
* Actively engages in other such duties, under the discretion of the Regional Manager, as and when necessary.
* Advanced Craft Certificate in Plumbing, Plumbing NVQ3 or equivalent
* Certificate in Education or equivalent
* Proven on-the-job experience
* Good Presentation Skills
* Good IT Skills
* Two years’ relevant plumbing experience within a mechanical services organisation after achieving an appropriate qualification
* Driving Licence and use of a car
* GCSE English A-C, NVQ level 2, O’Level A-D or equivalent.
* Understanding of Further Education
* Recognised Health & Safety qualification (IOSH Managing Safely)
* Assessor qualifications (D32, D33, A1 or TAQA)
* Internal Verifier qualifications (D34, V1 or IQA)
* Working knowledge of the Contracting Industry / Building and Services Industry